Chapter Eighteen - Katsumi

A/N: Yay I have time to update :D I have Thursdays and Fridays off from college, and I normally spend this time with my boyfriend. He's still asleep so I have time to write. This is on a crappy laptop with a smashed screen, so chances are I'll make some typos and I won't notice I've made them.

I'm surprised that the last chapter was read, I really wasn't expecting people to return. 

We're reaching the end. It probably has less than ten chapters left :o

Everything seems to slow down as I push Chiharu behind me protectively. I try to disarm the attacker, but a sharp pain in my arm tells me I failed slightly.

I can hear Chiharu screaming from behind me. "Katsumi!"

I send a punch to the attacker's head, causing them to crash to the ground. The impact from the concrete causes her to pass out. I almost immediately turn to face Chiharu.

"Are you okay?" I ask her. Her hazel eyes are wide with fright and shock. She nods weakly and then points to my arm. I shake my head. "It doesn't hurt."

"I-I'll call Hiro." She mumbles.

"I've called the police!" Someone nearby calls out to us.

"H-Hiro? S-Something h-happened." Chiharu stutters into the phone. "Someone tried to k-kill me. She st-tabbed K-Katsumi instead."

There's a tug on my good arm, and I turn to look at Chiharu who's hazel eyes are full of worry. "Katsumi, I have to take you to the hospital."

I shake my head. "It's fine, I don't think it's that deep."

"She stabbed you! C-come on, Katsumi." She pauses and looks around. "What if I call a doctor over to my apartment to help you?"

I nod.

***

"Someone will be here soon. I'm going to go to the bathroom and get the first aid kit, maybe I can do something so the doctor won't be here that long." Chiharu disappears out of the room and I carry on looking around.

On the coffee table in front of me is a single picture frame, in the image is Chiharu smiling brightly next to a man with light brown hair. He's not smiling, but his eyes are full of an emotion I don't recognise. Is that Kira? I look around the room, decoration is surprisngly sparse. I thought someone like Kira would have a well decorated flat. Unless it's just Chiharu here.

Chiharu walks back into the room with the first aid kit. "I've got it." She sits next to me on the sofa and opens the first aid kit up on the coffee table.

"Do you live here on your own?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"No, Kira lives here too.Though I do spend most of my time alone, I only see him at night after he finishes working." She confesses. She lifts my sleeve up and inspects the wound. "Shit, It's really deep." Her voice is quiet, and I know she didn't intend for me to hear.

"How long will it be until the doctor gets here?" I ask. Chiharu shrugs.

"Hopefully not too long." Our eyes lock and her cheeks turn red, probably noticing how close we are.

Chiharu pours disinfectant on a piece of cotton wool, before dabbing the area around the wound, cleaning up the blood. "It doesn't seem that bad now most of the blood is gone." She murmurs after several minutes. I keep my arm still as her nimble fingers lightly grasp my upper arm, keeping it still so she can clean the area without hurting me.

The doorbell rings and Chiharu jumps, slightly jerking my arm in the process. I wince. She gets up, chucking the wool in a bin before answering the door.

***

28th August 2011

"I know what Kira looks like, and he lives with Chiharu. She hasn't moved since Hajime's attack, and I doubt she'll ever move." I inform them. I then describe Kira's appearance.

"Sick. We can get him now. Aki, you still stalking the building?" Aki nods in reply to Cecilia's question. "I'll start taking out the employees. When Kira has no one left, he'll be more vulnerable."

"Wait, killing them straight away is clumsy." I say.

"That's why Hana and I will continue tailing them, then when the timing is right, I'll take 'em out."

"So we continue our old plans with minor changes, until we can get Kira on his own?" I confirm and Cecilia nods.

I smirk. Everything is falling into place. Kira should be dead by the beginning of next year.

"Once Kira is on his own, we'll then decide a date where we'll kill him." I say. I'm certain we can win this. If we're careful enough we can.

A/N: I might work on this for the rest of today, maybe I can get most of it finished, if this happens I'll try to update every day.

I have no idea what I'm going to write next, I've started a Free! fanfiction but I don't know if I can come up with a decent storyline for it. If not, then I might start a Yuri on Ice fanfiction. I have only written Yaoi once, and it was a one shot (a very explicit one shot). I  might give that writing yaoi a go instead. What would you like to read next?

Who here can read Japanese? I can only read hiragana and katakana. I don't try to learn Japanese, I just pick it up randomly. I learnt katakana from playing Project Diva F, and I can't remember how I learnt hiragana. I only know a few kanji characters though (kanji scares me). I can also count to a thousand in Japanese... I only meant to learn how to count to 13 because of Bleach. It was just so I could learn who was the captain of each squad. I can only write to 99 though.

- Alice