Chapter Twenty - Katsumi

A/N: I'm back :D and I didn't abandon this story for several months again. 

This is the second to last chapter + the epilogue. I know I said it was the final, but it ended up being longer than planned. 

I made a mistake in the previous chapter, it's now 2012 not 2011. Oops. I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused. 

13th January 2012

"I've locked Chiharu and her child in the room. Hiro is on his way. Remember the plan?" I ask them, my voice echoing in the sparse room. My gaze meets Hana's, her eyes full of sadness. I know she doesn't agree with kidnapping Chiharu. For once, she actually disagreed with our plans.

"We can't kidnap her! It's not right! Her baby is only a few days old! We can't do that! It's cruel!" Hana's voice shook, her eyes watered. Cecilia placed her hand on Hana's shoulder comfortingly.

"Hana, there's no other way. I agree with you, but we have to do what Katsumi plans. He knows what he's doing. This is the only way." Cecilia said softly. Hana hung her head, her hair masking her face.

Minutes pass, silence filling the room. The atmosphere is thick with anticipation, none of us wanting to know what will happen when Hiro does arrive.

Our eyes flicker towards the only exit. Whatever little light filtering through the boarded up windows. My eyes flicker towards the doorway that leads to the stairs. It's highly unlikely that Chiharu could leave. She should be safe upstairs.

The room is a large hallway

Who will win? Who will lose? Will one of us die?

As time drags by, Hana slowly slumps against Cecilia. Both of them are sat against the opposite wall, Cecilia's coat underneath them to protect their clothes from the floor. Cecilia carefully wraps her arm around Hana protectively.

"Someone's outside." Aki says quietly. His eyes flicking up from the laptop screen. I pull out my gun and point it at the front door. My arms shaking ever so slightly. I grind my teeth together. I need to stay calm. Our lives depend on me.

The door slams against the wall, chips of paint and debris raining down from the ceiling. Standing there is Hiro. His hair dishevelled, and his eyes narrowed. His face is twisting with anger.

"Shoot!" Aki commands and I obey. My finger presses the trigger several times in a row, the silenced gun making as little noise as possible. Still loud, but hopefully it doesn't alert Chiharu as to what is going on.

The bullets wedge themselves into his skull, his body falling back and collapsing to the ground like a rag doll.

I still keep my gun pointed at the open door. We never know if Hiro brought backup. Highly unlikely, since Hana and Cecilia made sure that all of Kira's employees were killed, minus Hiro of course.

"I'll go search him. We have to find out how Kira kills. He must have something on him that tells us." Cecilia says. Her body rising swiftly. She rushes over to Hiro's body before searching his pockets. After several seconds, she pulls out a black notebook. She stares at the front cover for a minute. Her eyebrows scrunch together as she flicks through the pages. The first few pages are black, and stand out from the rest.

"Guys, you have to see this." She slowly walks back over, her eyes still glued to the page. She turns around before gasping. The book falling from her grasp and her eyes widening with horror. The blood drains from her face, leaving it ghostly white. "Wha-what the fuck are you?" She spits out, her voice trembling.