Chapter Fourteen - Katsumi

A/N: Surprise update. I'm bored and I decided to write. 

3rd May 2011

"I didn't have to watch her for long, she was feeling ill so she went back to her apartment to sleep." I say while leaning against Aki's desk. Aki is leaning against the door while Hana is sitting down in a chair while Cecilia is standing behind it with her arms crossed.

"Do you think she was ill?" Aki asks and I nod in reply.

"She turned up a little late too, and she looked really pale then." I respond. Hana taps her chin as she drifts off into her thoughts.

She suddenly snaps out of it and holds her finger in mid-air. "She must really be ill! It's probably just a bug."

"Anyway," I say, redirecting the conversation. "How exactly are we going to kill her? Do we go straight for it, or do we wait?"

"We wait. We need to carefully plan what we do so we don't end up like Hajidouche." Cecilia says quickly. Hana frowns and turns to face her friend. "Sorry, Hana, I know you don't like me insulting the dead, but you have to admit that he was the biggest douche bag ever." Hana continues to frown, but sighs and turns back to face me.

"I agree with Lia. We should wait. If we kill her now, you'll be accused for it. You'll die." Hana agrees and I nod.

"So we gain her trust, and then after a month or so we can start attempting to kill her. I think we should spike her drink with drugs first, Kira will have several people to blame and chances are he won't pin the blame on us." I suggest and everyone nods.

"Sounds good."

14th May 2011

"What is Kira like?" I ask Chiharu. Once again, we're sat in the same park under the same tree. This has been a regular occurrence. I'm actually getting paid to sit and relax.

She shrugs. "He's very nice. I don't see him often, he works late and he wakes up early. I only see him at dinner and when we go to bed."

"Oh."

Silence fills the space that was once occupied with our voices. The only sound is distant laughter from other people and the sound of the wind rustling the leaves.

"So," I say in an attempt to break the awkwardness that's starting to loom over us. "What do your parents think about you living with the great Kira?"

"Uh... they passed away a few years ago." She mutters, sadness filling her normally calm tone. "They were murdered in front of me. Though, if they were still alive I'm sure they'd be happy for me. I finally got away from Hajime."

"That... that really sucks." I mutter. She doesn't act like her parents are dead. I'm still sad and angry about Akemi's death. How is she able to handle it so well? "Do you have other family?"

She shakes her head. "My parents only had me. I don't have any other relatives either. My grandparents are all dead, and my dad never got along with my uncle."

"Oh."

"Have you lost anyone close to you?" Chiharu asks, her voice quivers as if she's not quite certain whether she's allowed to ask.

"Yes. I lost my wife four years ago." I say. "I'm still not completely over it, so I'd rather not talk about it."

"That's understandable." She murmurs. Several minutes pass before she speaks again. "Did you know that it's my birthday today?"

"Happy birthday. How old are you?"

"Twenty-five."

"Same age as me then. It was my birthday not that long ago." I reply and she smiles. She's very pretty, not as beautiful as Akemi, but she's still pretty.

"Happy birthday for then."

"Thank you."

***

24th June 2011

I've been given the go-ahead from the others. Today is the day where we kill Chiharu. I can finally get revenge.

I'm also certain that Chiharu trusts me.

I take a sip of my drink as I wait for her to drink hers. I managed to slip the drugs in while I brought the drinks back to the table. Hopefully I put enough in to kill her. I glance at her, her hazel eyes are drawn to the table and I notice that she looks rather pale.

"Uh... I need to use the bathroom quickly. I'll be right back." She stands up from her seat and quickly runs off. Great. If she's still sick from the bug she's caught again, then hopefully she'll drink the entire cup of tea.

Several minutes pass, and she returns. "I don't feel well. Is it okay if I go home? I'm sorry you bought me tea and I didn't drink it."

I nod and try to hide my disappointment. Why does she have to be ill again the day I decide to kill her?

***

25th June 2011

At exactly one o'clock today, Chiharu will be shot by an assassin the AKO have hired. We've been careful enough to not leave any traces behind.

I walk up the stairs to Chiharu's apartment and knock on the door. If we leave now, we should make it in time.

The door swings open and Chiharu is standing there in her pyjamas, her face void of colour and she's hunched over slightly.

"I'm really sorry, but I'm staying home today. I thought I told Kira to let you know that you have the day off. He must have forgotten, I'm sorry." She says weakly. She brushes her hair out of her face.

I nod. "It's okay, I hope you get better soon."

Shit. Attempt to kill Chiharu number two has failed.

A/N: So what are your thoughts on this chapter? Leave a comment below!

Please vote as well if you enjoyed the chapter :3 

I finished watching Beyond the Boundary :( I'm trying to watch Your Lie in April but I can't get into it D: 

- Alice