Chapter Fifteen - Katsumi

A/N: I vanished again D: I'm so sorry. My boyfriend is currently asleep, so I'm using this time to write because I'm too awkward to write fanfiction in front of him XD 

I've started watching Teen Wolf... and I've nearly finished the second season. I've been binge-watching that...

25th June 2011

"I keep failing. I just can't kill her. Do you think she knows we're planning something?" I say hurriedly to Aki as lean against the wall in his office. The shop is shut for the day, and Cecilia and Hana have gone home.

"If she knew we were planning something, then don't you think you would be dead by now? Kira knows your name and face. Why would he hesitate to kill you if she's convinced that you pose a threat to her wellbeing? You need to be careful and not act irrationally, one bad move and you'll die." Aki says calmly, he looks up from his computer before looking back. "Maybe you should give up with trying to get revenge, she's innocent. Try killing Kira instead."

I shake my head. "She's easier to kill. I kill her, then I get my revenge." Aki sighs and stops typing.

"Take a few days off from trying to kill her. Get to know her better. During this time, thoroughly plan her murder. Be extremely careful."

28th June 2011

"It's so nice to be out. For once, I'm not feeling sick." Chiharu says with a small smile on her face. Her eyes quickly flicker in my direction, before looking straight ahead. She lightly swings her bag of food at her side.

"I'm glad you're feeling better." I say, my tone fake and forced. I hate that she's still alive. She needs to die. I need to get revenge. I need to avenge Akemi's death.

"Really? Thank you." She says politely with a soft tone. Her dark brown hair sways in the wind and she brushes a few strands away from her face. Her hazel eyes look at me again, before looking away.

A small fraction of my being hates the idea of killing her. She's so innocent, and there's not a single part of her that holds evil. She's innocent, just like Akemi. Just very unfortunate to have been dragged into this mess of revenge.

"I see you as a friend." She giggles lightly and covers her mouth with her free hand to muffle the sound. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I trust you." Her cheeks are red, and her eyes are looking around wildly.

It's going to be so difficult to kill her.

I clench my hands into fists, and try to think rationally. She's Kira's. She's his girlfriend or whatever. Kira took Akemi, so I need to tear whatever he has away from him. I need to get revenge. I just can't kill someone as innocent as Chiharu, it's just not fair. Why her? If she never met Hajime, then she'd be fine. I'm sure she'd be happier somewhere else and she wouldn't have been dragged into this mess.

I better kill her soon before I grow attached to her, it'll just make it so much more difficult than it is now.

3rd July 2011

"I really don't know what I want to do today." Chiharu says as she ties up her shoelaces. She looks up at me as I lean against the wall with my hands stuffed into my pockets. "Do you have any ideas in mind? I've been dragging you wherever I want to go, so it's your turn to choose."

"I'm supposed to go wherever you want. That's my job, remember?" I reply and she nods. She giggles and stands up. She runs her hands along her clothes, straightening everything out.

"Come on, choose. Please?" She asks, her hazel eyes shining. I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Okay. There's this quiet place I used to go to with Akemi. She loved it there, so I'm sure you will too." Chiharu nods.

I can kill her there. It's quiet, no one goes there. It's perfect. I can kill her, burn her body and toss it all into the river. She'll go missing and I can claim she walked off to find a bathroom. No one will suspect that I killed her.

I lead her there, the whole time keeping up a conversation. I can't let her suspect that something is up.

Luckily I decided to bring matches and a knife with me. I have the necessary resources to kill her without it looking suspicious. I just have to make sure I dispose of the knife later. Maybe give it to Hana or Cecilia.

We sit down near a tree, and she immediately pulls out her food.

I should kill her now.

I grab my backpack and open it up. I grab the handle of the knife that's resting in one of the pockets inside.

I just have to cover her mouth and stab her quickly. Hopefully she dies soon, so I can quickly burn her and dispose of the evidence.

I can't overthink what I'm about to do. I'll just chicken out.

I'll slit her throat. That should kill her quickly enough.

I look at Chiharu, she innocently takes a sip of her drink before replacing the cap and putting it back in her bag. She turns to face me and smiles.

A pure smile, that smile someone gives to someone they care about.

"Uh... I-I have something I need to say." She immediately becomes shy. Her gaze dropping down to her hands. "You need to promise not to tell anyone."

"Sure." What is she going to say? I have a feeling it won't be good.

The words leave her lips, and the knife falls from my grasp.

I can't kill her now.

"I'm pregnant."

A/N: I would ask if any of you were expecting that, but from the comments on previous chapters I guess most of you were. 

I planned this from the beginning, and it's actually very important to the plot. 

I have no idea how many chapters this has left :o I'm hoping at least ten. 

Vote and comment! 

Question: What are your thoughts on this chapter? 

- Alice