Chapter Nine - Katsumi

A/N: sorry for the lack of updates! I have so much college work to complete :( I finish college in 10 days though :L 

10th April 2011

Today is the day where we take Chiharu back. A part of me wants to purposely ruin the mission so Chiharu stays there. Hajime clearly doesn't respect her properly, she wouldn't have run to Kira if he did. I don't even know why he wants her back. All he did was abuse her and then mock her to the world.

I spoke to Hana about it too, she thinks the same. Though she won't voice that opinion to Cecilia, Aki or Hajime. Cecilia would just bite her head off, Aki would scold her and Hajime would be plain rude.

After work, we meet in Aki's office.

"I brought masks." Hana says quietly as she opens up her bag and holds out masks. They're all black, each one with a letter on them. "Oh- and hats." She giggles and hands out woolly beanies to us.

"Wow, Hana! These are so cool!" Cecilia says enthusiastically as she pulls her mask on and pulls the beanie onto her head. She gives Hana a swift thumbs up before pulling the small girl into her arms. Her mask has the letter 'C' on it written with white paint. I look at mine and see the letter 'K' on it.

We all copy Cecilia and put our masks and hats on. I look around the room and see that Aki's mask has the letter 'A' on it, Hana's has the letter 'H' and Hajime has the letter 'J' (since Hana has H, and she was in the group before him).

"Why do I have J on mine?" Hajime complains and folds his arms across his chest. "You're as useless as Chiharu." Cecilia moves suddenly and shoves a finger into Hajime's chest.

"You better be fuckin' grateful Hana made that for you. She can take it back and let you walk in with the huge risk of being killed. So shut the fuck up and deal with it." She snaps before turning around and standing next to Hana. She wraps an arm around Hana's shoulder and pats her head with her free hand. "There, there, Hana. Your masks are great. Don't let Haji-douche tell you otherwise." If Hajime's face wasn't being covered by his mask, I'm sure he'd be scowling.

"Should we get going?" I ask and everyone nods.

***

Aki stops the car far away from the building. Last thing we need is for them to track the number plate back to us.

"Hajime, you grab Chiharu and run to your car that you parked a few blocks behind us. Then take her to my apartment. It's likely that Kira will go to your place, so Chiharu better stay elsewhere for now. We'll be creating the diversion you need to get away safely." Aki orders. Hajime nods and opens the door. The cold evening air bursts into the car. He jumps out before slamming the door shut. We all leave. "Hajime, we'll be sending you a text when it's safe for you to run up and grab Chiharu. Apparently she's on the top floor so just grab the elevator or run up the stairs."

Hana and Cecilia walk in front while Aki and I fall behind. We follow the girls into the building where we begin to create the distraction.

I pull out a fake gun from my back pocket and point it towards the receptionist. "If you don't stay where you are then I'll shoot you." I bark. I keep the gun pointed at her head, while Cecilia and Hana locate the CCTV cameras and Aki sends Hajime a text. "Don't even thinking about calling for help." The receptionist's eyes narrow at me and she continues to look calm. This must happen a lot or something, or she has a lot of faith in Kira.

"We've destroyed all the CCTV cameras." Hana whispers in my ear. "Cecilia is going to knock the receptionist out now so Aki can use her computer to find where Hajime is."

I nod, not taking my eyes off of the receptionist. Cecilia walks up to her, and hits her around the head with the iron pole she brought with her. The receptionist falls to the desk, completely unconscious. Cecilia kicks the chair away from the desk and the receptionist falls to the floor, Cecilia shoves her out of the way with her foot and looks at Aki.

"Computer's all yours." She says proudly before returning to Hana's side. She leans on the small girl and gives her a thumbs up. "You did great, Hana."

I lower the gun and return it to my back pocket and watch the computer screen as Aki brings up all the CCTV cameras in the building. Hajime is currently running up all the flights of stairs. I notice that a few of the offices are occupied. What do they even do here?

Several minutes pass, and Hajime is finally running down the stairs, this time he's dragging a girl with dark brown hair behind him. Chiharu. She looks so weak and vulnerable, is that why Hajime treats her the way he does? Because she looks like an easy target?

My hands ball into fists. Why am I helping him get her back? Though, it's not too bad because she'll be living with Aki. He won't let Hajime cause her any harm.

I continue to watch as they reach the bottom of the stairs before he collapses. Then it hits me, he's not wearing his mask.

That idiot!

"We have to leave!" Aki barks out before he charges out of the building. Cecilia grabs Hana before dragging her out and I follow closely behind. We abandon the mission, leaving Hajime behind.

I hate that we failed the mission. That stupid Hajime! He got himself killed!

We failed a mission because of his recklessness.

A/N: What did you think of the chapter? 

Vote and comment :D 

I've nearly finished watching Naruto. Once I've caught up I'll be reading the end of the manga to save me having to wait forever  for the filler to end. There's been two and a half canon episodes since last October :L 

I don't actually know what anime I'll be watching when I finish Naruto... that's a scary thought. I really don't know what I want to watch D: I have a list of anime to watch, but none of them seem appealing at the moment XD leave suggestions please! 

- Alice