- chapter 36

Laura's POV

Okay, I hadn't a clue what had just happened.

One second, Ross and I were having a simple conversation, the next he was planting kisses across my body.

I sat outside for a moment, resting my head in my hands. Moments later, I heard a door close, and I looked up only to find Ross sitting next to me. I didn't say anything to him; instead I sighed and turned my gaze to the ground. We sat there in silence, and although it should've been awkward, it truly wasn't.

"We were perfect . . ." I mumbled through a deep breath, placing my index fingers on the corners of my eyes. Jacob. Jacob Longwood. He did so many bad things to me, yet I couldn't keep away from him. He was like a drug.

I felt Ross' arm go across my shoulder and pull my closer to him. I honestly didn't want to be near him, considering how he had just made me feel, but I needed the comfort. I craved it. I laid my head into his shoulder, and I gazed out across the scenery.

It was cloudy and humid, but the weather, somehow, was still nice. It wasn't like that normal sticky feeling you get; it was warm and fuzzy. Or maybe, that was just me.

I repositioned myself, for the bruise on my side had begun pulsing and throbbing to the rate of my heart beat. I winced a bit and let out a small groan, hoping I hadn't alerted Ross. But, unfortunately, I had.

"Laura, let me bring you inside . . We can sit back, eat some ice cream, and watch a movie or something." Ross decided, not even giving me an option to agree or not. As he helped me get up, I found myself stupidly smiling at the ground.

I walked inside and lightly threw myself onto the couch, laying my head back onto the pillow. Ross went into the kitchen, and I turned on the TV, looking from a distance at his collection of DVDs. After a moment of eyeing them, I turned to find Ross giving me a goofy grin.

I tilted my head at him, confused. Had I done something? "What?"

"Can a boy not sit here and realize how lucky he is to have you in his life?"

I tried not to, but I blushed. I knew he was just being a flirt, but his sweet voice still gave me the shivers. There was something about him . . .

A/N :

Woah... Look who decided to update. Guys, I probably won't update that often anymore, because I have a really tight schedule now. I'm VERY sorry, but here's a boring, short chapter for you. I'm honestly just not feeling the writing vibe anymore... Love y'all, if you still even read this.

Kai 💗