- chapter 14

Laura's POV :

Beep, beep, beeeeeeep!

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. Groaning, I picked my phone up and turned it off. I lazily rolled out of my bed and stumbled into the bathroom, screeching due to the cold tile striking the bottoms of my feet.

I turned on the shower to a warm temperature and got in, taking a brief shower. Then, I blowed dried my hair and curled it into a nice set of beach-like waves. I went into my closet and scavenged for the perfect outfit.

This sweater? No, too hot. How about this muscle tank? Not hot enough. Finally, I reached for a plain pastel pink crop-top. Perfect. I threw on some high-waisted light-washed shorts, and a pair of white high-top vans.

I looked at myself in the mirror, and smiled. At this time, I was happy with how my body looked, and didn't really care what anybody thought of me. Life was good.

                   •            •              •

Now, I was at school and I decided to text Renae. Renz? Ricardo? Whatever his name was.

Me : Get up. It's time for school.

Name-Starts-With-R-Guy : Way ahead of you, sister. I woke up 20 minutes ago.

Me : Sweetie, I'm already at school.

Name-Starts-With-R-Guy : Well, shit.

Me : Exactly what I thought.

Name-Starts-With-R-Guy : Tell me the first letter of your name.

I smirked, contemplating whether or not I actually should tell him.

Me : Why?

Name-Starts-With-R-Guy : Because you love me.

Me : L.

Name-Starts-With-R-Guy : So you do love me? :D

I rolled my eyes. Boys are so annoying sometimes, but for some reason my lips were curving into a smile.

Me : No. Stop being a fucking flirt, Rohan.

Name-Starts-With-R-Guy : I can see you smiling your beautiful smile from behind that screen, Lulu.

Gosh. Damn. It.

Me : I have to go.

Name-Starts-With-R-Guy : YOU DIDN'T DENY IT !!!!!!!!!

Me : Bye.

It was so weird that I was friends with someone whom I hadn't even met; he was kind of like an Internet friend, except for the fact that I knew he wasn't a rapist or some serial killer. It was kinda cool, actually.

My thoughts were interrupted by a big shadow falling over me. I looked down to find my backpack being slammed on the ground, my notebooks and papers flying everywhere.  I was so utterly confused.

"Oh hey, Laura, who did you have sex with last night? Jake? What about the night before? Probably Sam, right?" A deep voice boomed.

"God fucking damn it, Tyler. Leave me alone." I muttered between clenched teeth. I tried to remain strong and fierce, but I could already feel the tears starting to well up in my eyes. He had no right to bring up my past boyfriends; both of them had done so much to hurt me; mentally and physically.

"Suck it up, Laura. Don't be such a wittle baby." Tyler puckered his lips, and twisted fists below his eyes, trying to mock me. He shoved me down, and narrowed his eyes at me, shaking his head. By now, everyone was looking, and his friends were smirking and laughing behind him.

Before I could react, I heard someone shouting.

"Dude, what the fuck?!" A deep voice yelled, followed by that of a quite muscular figure. Even though Tyler was taller than the other guy, the guy who had yelled shoved Tyler back with one might pushed. "Get the fuck out of here, you assholes, or else you will all have your facespunched inside out." he shouted in Tyler and his friends' faces, and they were sent spiraling  away.

I was so confused. What the hell had just happened? I kept my eyes on the ground and quickly scrambled about to put my things back in my backpack.

"Let me help you with that. Are you okay?" a deep, husky voice said softly.

I flinched, looking up to find a handsome, tan-skinned boy kneeling down next to me.

"Are you okay?" he asked again, in such a soothing, patient tone. I slowly nodded, opening my backpack so that he could
put in the binder.

"Here." he stood up, and offered his hand to me to help me get up. I hesitantly took it, and grabbed my bag. "Let me walk you to class." he offered, letting go of my hand. The halls seemed to be quiet, as if everyone was focusing on us.

"Th-Thank you." I stammered, smiling at him slowly, the tears still falling from my eyes.

I felt his strong hands wiping them away, a small, concerned smile covering his face. "Don't cry, you're too beautiful to be sad."

Who was this boy?

His next sentences answered my question.  "The name's Ross." he said quietly, holding out his hand.

I shook it. "Laura." I responded, with a small, tiny smile. Now, people were definitely looking at us. This Ross guy stayed close to me, as if he were protecting me; obviously, I wasn't complaining . . . He was pretty dang cute.

I stopped in front of a classroom, and nodded to him. "This is your class?" he asked, motioning to the door. I nodded, and he smiled. "Have a good day." he responded, letting his hand brush mine as he turned around to go to his first period class.

I felt chills traveling up and down my spine as he touched me; it wasn't normal. There was something about him that made me feel as if I already knew him, as if we were already friends. Then, a thought popped into my mind.

Holy shit. His name starts with 'R'. But then I remembered that hundreds of kids at this schools names started with 'R'. I sat down in my seat, letting out a breath that I didn't notice I had been holding. And then, I smiled.

Robert was going to have to hear about this.

A/N :

Oh my gosh, hey guys! So, a different type of chapter for today. ;) I have a piano recital later, so I'm probably going to be practicing and not updating... #sorrynotsorry ? 😁 Anyways, thank you all so freaking much for 800 reads already! You all are very cute! ILYSM.

                                                                        Kai 💗