- chapter 35

Ross' POV

I hadn't a clue what I was doing.

I was comforting her one second, and then the next, I was caressing her collarbone with kisses.

I did it gently, trailing up and down, my hands on either side of her as I kneeled over her. I reached a certain spot, and I heard her breath hitch, and then quicken.

"R-Ross . . ." she whispered, grabbing onto my arm and squeezing it lightly. I placed a last kiss on her sweet spot and looked down at her, both of our breaths uneven and fast. She stared at me for a few seconds, before shaking her head and moving to get up.

She said nothing, and I let her go, not wanting to hurt her. What had I done?

I was so stupid. This girl, this poor girl, was confused. Lost. Stupid. In love. I couldn't toy her around like this, and I knew that.

I couldn't tell if it was because I was desperate for love, or that I wanted to make her feel better, but I needed that pleasure. But even through those short moments, there was no love. There was no affection.

"See you tomorrow, Laur . ." I trailed off as I heard her walk down the stairs and leave. God damn it, Ross. You're such an idiot.

I needed to learn to control whatever this was, because I didn't want people to think I was a "fuckboy" anymore than they already did. I was over it.

I laid down on my bed, thoughts running wild through my head. Laura's boy; Jacob. I'd heard of him many a times, yet I had never heard of Laura. Jacob, from former instances, was the description of a player. He tried to get every girl in the school in bed with him, and he probably had done so already. Laura acted as if her and Jake had been on-going for a pretty long time, and if so, I wondered why he had never mentioned her to anyone; especially me.

Because Jacob Longwood was my best friend.

A/N :

Boring chapter, I know, sorry... I'll try to update more than once a day, but it's kinda hard with the end of the school year coming closer. I love you guys so much, and thank you so much for 12k reads and 2k votes. HOLY MOLYYY!! You're all so freakin cute! xxxxx

Kai 💗