Chapter Seventeen- "Singing"

I was outside on the balcony to Alpha's Quarters listening to my favorite song Warrior by Beth Crowley. I tapped my foot to the smooth beat, as I looked over the pool. Seeing as it was the begining of summer, the pups were out splashing themselves with water. A few had shifted early. But they were twelve.

But that was still early.

I watched over them. The song finished and shifted to the song (Un)lost by The Maine. I smiled at I listened to it.

One of the pups tugged its friend under the water for a minute before someone yelled "Let's play Kracken" And they all giggled.

Now that I realize it, the pool looked like a Wolf's Head. In the center was a tall rocky-looking thing with a plastif wolf at the top of it, howling. Everytime a howl sound would ring, the rock would get water on it, to the point where it looked like a waterfall.

Kinda.

The pups started to explain the rules loudly.

"The kracken has his or her eyes open in the water, but above water his or her eyes are closed. When the kracken tags someone they become a kracken with him or her. If a non Kracken gets on one of the ledges, then the kracken can't tag him or her. But you only have ten seconds on the ledge before going back to open water." The wolf pup explained.

This one looked different from the other pups. You could literally see her tail and ears while she was in her human form. They were black, but her tail was white. Her hair was a beautiful red, and her eyes seemed to be a green.

She resembled Aatu greatly.

I watched as the pups began to play.

Another song turns on. This time I know the name but not the person who sings it.

The song's called Irreplaceable. As it plays I sing to it.

"Can you, see me? Over here, should I just dissapear? I tried to fit in, next to you. Guess I wasn't clear or maybe I'm just not good enough...

"I'm so alone here, can't even be myself. Trying to fit in, left I am on the shelf. Do I belong here? Or should I just start trying to be some other girl...

"When I find. I'm all alone. Got to tell myself, I'm Irreplaceable. Bending backwards, I'm trying to be someone else, I tell myself I'm ireplaceable!" I sing loudly.

I then notice the pups looking up at me. I smile nervously and wave at them. "Hi!" I yell so they can hear me. "Hi Luna!" They reply. "You have a nice voice." One yells. "Heheheh.... thanks?" I say. They tuen and go back to their game. I smile, and notice that the one with the ears and tail isn't there anymore. I furrow my brows in confusion. Where is she...?

"Hey sweetheart." The voice warms me and I turn to Aatu. "I've barely seen you for a week! Were've you been?" I ask. "Oh you know. Work." He replies and wraps his arms around my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck. "Soo... I have a question-"

"BIG BROTHER!" Someone yells. Aatu smiles, and releases his grip from me to turn around. I step sideways so I can see who's calling Aatu.

It's the little girl with the ears and tail.

Well... little is an understatement.

She looks around eleven or ten and is quite tall. "You're back!" She exclaims and runs to give Aatu a big hug. Aatu chuckles, "I missed you too Artemis." He said with a chuckle. The girl, Artemis, pokes Aatu's chest. "When did you get back?" She asks. "Oh... about a few days ago." Aatu winks at me.

"And you didn't come to see your sister?" Artemis crosses her arms.

She's soo cute!!!

I smile at her. "I've been busy sis" Aatu says, and wraps his arm around my shoulder. "Did you ever get to meet the Luna?" He asked.