T E N

a few hours ago

Garvin's POV

I felt sick. An eerie sensation bubbled up my throat and I just wanted to throw it up.

But I couldn't. Because as long as I was breathing I was being punished. To feel this way every second in my fucking shitty life.

I was tasting my own medicine, just like everyone else.

No matter how many times I fought till the point I was near death since that was what I wished the most. How much I was screaming from hearing Oliver in my nightmares or how close I was to the point of insanity.

These excruciating aches would never lessen, let alone go away.

What reason I had to justify myself? We were the one at fault. He had the rights to act the way he was, to be the way he was. After all we made him like this.

Even so, I did try.. I made myself better. We tried searching for him for these past two years and succeeded. We found him.

Did that count as nothing?

I breathed out the aching in my chest as my eyes trained on the pitiful sight.

One mistake, only one yet most deadly. How could have we known? I was just a kid, a selfish and stupid teenager. Even our wolves didn't stop us, they never knew it all would have come to this.

Oliver was hurt badly. In the worst way. Those days, those years I resented. I would never forget the disgusting deeds I had sowed.

And yet.. yet, was it a wishful thinking to hope there was a light at the end of this dark tunnel? Was there any end at all?

Could he tiniest bit forgave me if I begged on my knees?

"Keefe-" Loraine's broken whisper broke me from my trance. Clutching her brother's shirt she buried her cries in his shoulder. "Keefe.."

She was going to be rejected. By her mate. This woman who planned to adopt unfortunate children to save them from any miserible lives.

Whose heart was actually tender and kind but she hid it all in the past because she was afraid of being shunned away, being ostracized from everyone.

"Shh.." he took a deep, shaky breath. "It's gonna be okay.. You're gonna be okay." but the tears he was holding back finally fell and soon he joined her misery.

We all knew nothing was gonna be okay.

With clenched jaws I lowered my head.

No.

I couldn't just sit here and stay quiet.

There had to be something I could do.

My feet paced as I walked outside, leaving both of them and straight to the place where I wanted to try to change the event, to prevent something worst happen again.

To say something I always wanted to say.

***

Vinna's POV

He opened his mouth to say something just before someone slammed the door open. Lo and behold that someone was none other than the almighty delta.

"Garvin!! What the f-"

"Is this what you really want?!"

I was flabbergasted. "What?"

"You abandoned Loraine for months then reject her just like that? Were you always this heartless?!"