N I N E

Oliver's POV

"Who are you?"

The woman was about twenty two or so. Walking inside she kept her eyes on me while closing the door then locked it. Creepy much?

"My name is Vinna." she said finally after a long silence that I thought she couldn't talk. "I am Loraine's mate."

That name made me frozen still. Did she came to kill me? Or worse, to do the same thing as her?

"I came to ask you something." biting her lips she lowered her head, walking to the other side of the bed.

My eyes were still locked at her figure. She sat on the chair and raised her eyes meeting mine. A deafening silence filled the air making me frown a little.

"What do you want to ask?" weren't you the one who came to talk to me? Then why the silence?

I didn't need to wonder about that since she told me the reason though. The dreadful reason.

"I wanted to talk about your past."

***

Keefe's POV

"Keefe!" my sister called from downstairs. I walked out of my room after taking a bath to wipe the tears away.

My emotion was still in turmoil but better than before. Again, I was remainded for my grieving past. Again, I had to be broken but I knew this wasn't going to be the last time. There would always be a remainder.

That was my redemption. Goddess was making me live a miserable, sorrowful path yet I would take it if that meant I could see my brother, my beloved one beside my mate.

Loraine was exactly the same as me, the only difference was she had her mate. Thus she could empathize with me.

Walking into the living room, I became aware that my parents. It was better this way. At home they would always scream at each other, fought the blame on whose fault it was in Oliver's case. I finally gave up after trying to knock their senses that it was all our faults. No one was to be blamed other than ourselves.

"What is it Lo?"

"Vinna, she- she was nowhere to be found!" she answered frantically.

"Calm down, where the last you've seen her?"

"When we're at you offic- Shit!" she cut herself turning to me wide eyed. "C- could it be she is with O- Ollie?"

Wasting no time I rushed outside to my car. "Let's find out."

***

Vinna's POV

The moment I told him that I wanted to talk about his past, it seemed as if blood was drained off from his face. He went so pale yet he managed to stay expessionless.

What are you thinking? You can't just say that to him! Brucëtta, my wolf grumbled.

Shit, you're right. Sorry my head can't think straight right now.

"I'm sorry, if you don't want to talk about it then I'll go." turning I walked toward the door until his voice stopped me.

"Stop," I did stop. "I will tell you."

With that I looked at him with a frown. "Really? I mean you don't need to force yourself."

"It's alright. Why do you want to know about it?"

Preparing myself I suddenly smelt the scent of my mate, the beta and the gamma. (I forgot whether Garvin was gamma or delta but those two are the same, just leeting you know hehe)