F I F T E E N

My deepest apologies for not updating in a long time. If I have to say the reason was for a few weeks I had a sickness that kept disappearing and reappearing.. I'm too tired but I want to give my beloved readers a nice chapter to perfect their day so here we go ^~^

Thank you to my followers and those who vote or comment (or both) for your supports :)

Author's POV

The sky was clear letting the sun shine upon the church that was crowded like never before. Children were playing around and the adults never stopped chattering.

While not far from there was a small house with a signpost which had Amery written on it. In a room upstairs, two women surrounded a young man dressed in formal white suit.

"C'mon V, you are gonna ruin his uniform if you put him on any make up."

Vinna rolled her eyes. "Okay okay, he never need one anyway."

A knock interrupted them as two heads showed up from the door. "How's he?" asked the long haired one.

"He's ready. Tell them to hurry, it's almost the time!"

"Wait Marie," Loraine stopped the other woman. "Where's Keefe?"

"He still hasn't left the groom. You should have seen him though!" she gave her thumbs up making her friends burn with curiousity.

"I wanna see!"

Loraine crouched down a little to meet the nervous man's eyes. "Oliver, will you be alright? We'll be back real soon."

He nodded showing the best smile he could muster and they offed to satisfy their eyes. Women would always be women, no matter whether they were married or not.

He looked at his trembling pale hands trying to calm his nerves. The last thing he wanted was to screw this up. Today was the day he dedicated his life to the man he loved.

"Oliver." Garvin appeared dressing in his dark grey attire, it made his charisma thickened. "Let's go."

***

"Are you alright?"

There was just Oliver and his father standing in front of the closed big doors. Behind them was his fate, waiting.

Although he tried his best, and he did, that man couldn't help the rushing old thoughts in his fragile state. He started to doubt all of this and thought of backing down.

But the sight of Erick.. Disappointed. Hurt.

It killed him.

"I- 'm f- fine." he wanted to say it with strong voice but it came out as squeaks.

What if-

Before it started as a question, Oliver felt a warm hand engulfing his cold one. He looked down to see his old man's sunkissed hand. Aged from the years.

"It'll be alright." Oliver met his eyes, full of love and gentleness. "I'm here with you."

For him, who had used to be alone, these kinds of raw feelings attacked his negative side like a bullet. His father was here.

He was here with him, so he wouldn't face this alone.

"I.." he swallowed his tears back. "I know it's probably late, but dad.." again he locked their eyes.

"I love you."

His father, never saw this coming and maybe never will since he still couldn't forgive himself. Inside him, it was like the heaviest burden his old self was carrying just disappeared.

Mr. Amery had reached his end of redemption and was saved.

Finally it was time the door opened. It slowly revealed a man dressed in black suit, handsome and dauntless like he could brace any hardships bravely without wavering the slightest because he had gone through what he should.

He was waiting for his prize of life, who along with him stepping forward he liberated himself and went towards the future.