First day

*two weeks later*
Today is the first day of mental initiation. I'm nervous, more than anyone else is ... Because I'm divergent. This is the stage where they get into your head, find out how you respond to fear, see what's going on.

I start to get ready before Kaden is awake.. He's so lazy! I like to be up nice and early... Plus I can't sleep, I'm too nervous! My baby bump isn't noticeable yet... Thank god. I check the clock. 7:07am, I should probably get Kaden up, since training is at 8. Since we have our own temporary apartments, we cook ourselves.

If we pass this stage of initiation, we are into dauntless forever. We don't get new apartments, but the ones who do not get into dauntless , their apartments are then kept for the next years initiates. Only 20 chose dauntless this year, which is low, usually 25-30 choose Dauntless! 5 people were cut in physical initiation, and 5 people will be cut in this stage. Meaning only 10 are official dauntless members.

I start to cook breakfast, eggs and bacon. My favourite! The bacon sizzles and the eggs golden up. I serve them onto two plates and bring one plate over to the bed, to Kaden who is still asleep. #sleepyboy!!

After we eat our breakfast we head down to the training room. Not the physical one, the mental training one. It is a large room, with a smaller room. You cannot see inside, because the door is metal and Windows are covered. Ooh. Wonder what's in there!
We take a seat, and wait for the trainer. A tall guy, with blonde hair and soft blue eyes walks in. "Hey everyone. I'm Alex, the mental stage trainer. I will be training you how to handle and conquer your fears. As the legendary four said, you cannot overcome your fears. That's impossible, you have to learn how to control them." I smile, and everyone looks at me. That's my dads quote!

You may be waiting a while because you go in one by one, and will be assessed individually. First in is Tiffany Hughes. Good luck everyone." He ushers Tiffany out of the room, and into the small room. The anticipation is killing me... I don't know how to hide my divergence.

After what seemed like hours, I am called in. My legs carry me into the room, and I sit in the chair. Over to my left, I see a needle with a serum in. I look up to see Alex washing his hands. He then looks at me. He smiles. "Ahh. Four's daughter. You are the spitting image of him!" He says.

I try not to worry as he picks the needle up and presses his thumb to the trigger. "Now crystal? I'm going to inject you with serum that will trigger a part of your brain that shows your fears, I will see your fears and how you react to them. Good luck." He says whilst pressing the needle into my neck. I feel the needle pierce my skin and I fall into a deep 'sleep.'