Fight me

*one week later*
Today, is the first day where we fight another initiate. I look into the mirror. I tired, strong person looks back at me. My muscles have started to build up, I  feel stronger already.

I think I should get my hair cut when I pass initiation. Well. If. I shake my head furiously and sigh. I shouldn't think like this. I smile. I will make it through. This week, I have learnt many different punches, kicks, self defence techniques and today, I must put them all in action to prove I will make it through initiation.

As me, Rosie, and Kaden walk through to the training room, I wonder who I will be fighting. It could be any of the other initiates. We briskly walk into the room, and we are probably the last ones. Everyone else is crowding around the board.

In a few more days we will have another proper fight, and then a short while after that is initiation. I smile confident at Rosie and stroll over to the board. I scan through the names until I see mine.

Crystal Eaton vs Tilly Rowles

I feel a weight in my chest. My eyes drop to the floor and I walk away. I sit on a seat and put my head in my hands. No. I sit up. I am stronger than this. I breathe deeply and force a smile onto my face. I will do whatever it takes to beat Tilly.

Kaden jogs up to me. "Hey " he says.
"Hey.." I reply
"Who you against?" He asks
"Tilly. You?"
"Will." He says and looks down.
"Don't worry. You're gonna beat the crap out of him!" I say jokingly
He laughs and we walk over to Rosie.

She is looking panicky and is chewing her lip. As soon as she sees us a wave of relief washes over her face. "Hey guys." She says
"Who are you against?" I ask
"I'm against Sid. I don't think I'm going to be very good at beating someone up." She admits
"Don't worry. " I say

Jona and Max then walk in. "Ah ha." Max starts. "I see they've seen their opponents." He raises his eyebrows and giggles. "You're going to wait in here, until your name is called." He says.
"You are able to watch the fights. When you're called in, you will enter through this door." Jona says and points towards a small door. "You will then fight. Fights start in 10minutes. I suggest you get yourself ready." Jona says and walks out.

Well, this is going to be a experience.