Not So Usual Day

A bright lovely day, it was still early, people rushing to schools, work. A usual day like any other nothing particularly new.

That though wasn't true for a certain someone.

An apartment in shinjuku, that belongs to a trouble maker known as izaya orihara.

Izaya Orihara on the surface works as a financial planner, however, though this job is just for show his actual work is being an informant.

Yes, an informant he sells information to people who pay equally valuable to it. The reason he does this is not because of money, but rather different than it.

He does it for his own enjoyment.

This enjoyment of his is also rather unique, per say dangerous as it is. Izaya likes or should I say loves to do what he calls "Human Observation"

He believes there is not such thing as too much knowledge, information can be sold.

But what happens when something is closely related to him but he doesn't have the knowledge of?

- - -

Izaya was sitting in his sitting in his desk with a couple of empty coffee cups on it. A young woman in her early twenties walked in. Her face holding the expression the she'd rather be anywhere but here.

"Ah, good morning namie!" Izaya said as watched the woman set her things down.

The woman was namie yagiri, the former chief of yagiri pharmaceuticals, currently working as izaya's sectary.

"You were up all night again,weren't you?" Namie said to her boss, thou it came out more of an acusation than question.

"Hah, yes I am afraid I found something interesting. I just couldn't sleep without some answers" izaya chuckled as he brought a cup to realize it was was empty.

"Whatever" namie muttered as she took the empty cups from his desk and went to the kitchen to dump them in the sink.

Izaya got a call on his cellphone, as he was still on his computer looking through the latest rumours, or seeing the reactions of people on the rumours he spread.

Izaya picked up his phone, it was a call on the phone he used for personal uses. Only people who knew of this number were his family and shinra.

Surprisingly, the call he got was from an unknown contact. He picked it up.

"Hello? Is this orihara izaya speaking?" A feminine voice spoke.

"Why yes, this is him! may I ask who you are exactly?" Despite his voice being cheerful, he was conscious of the caller.

He remembers what happened the last time he got a call from an unknown contact he ended in the hospital for letting his guard down.

"This is Evageline millers. From the social services. I have need to urgently meet up with you." The woman's tone was professional yet slightly nervous.

meet up with me? i don't recall anything to with the social services...

"is that so? well miss millers, for what is so urgent that you'd like to meet me for?"

"i am sorry, i can't you on the phone you'd have to come here, sir"

"i am a rather busy man, i cant just come"

"maybe if you stop screwing with people you might have more time,busy man" namie muttered,

to which izaya just raised a eyebrow at her and gave her an really namie? look.

"i understand that sir, but this very important i'd appreciate if you cooperate"

izaya noticed that the women was getting impatient but she was set on convincing izaya to come. he let out a sigh. izaya was now curious, he doesn't remember anything to do with her, what might be this so urgent meeting? well only one way to find out.

"alright then, give me an address and ill swing by"

"thank you for your cooperation!" she beamed, making izaya think she ate sunshine or rainbows for breakfast.

The call was ended. Izaya threw his phone on the couch and let out a sigh. He stare at the piece of paper in his hand where he down the address.

"Well, so much for a peaceful day. Guess I'll have to go there"

Ikebukuro

- - - -

izaya reached her office.

"well here it goes a quick visit and i go~"

little did he know that visit was going to change his life forever.

Izaya knocked twice and went in As soon izaya entered he saw a middle aged woman with blonde hair sitting behind a wooden desk, but to his surprise there also was a child.

The woman looked at him with a smile, "Mr.Orihara? I have been waiting for you"

"Ah yes, now may I ask why was I called here?" Izaya said as he sat down in one of the chairs in front of her desk.

"It might come as a shock to you this is probably going to sound crazy, Mr. Orihara, so I'd like to ask you a few questions to prepare you." The woman sounded a little flustered herself.

"I'm not easily flustered, Ms. Millers" izaya said raising an eyebrow.

Izaya was starting to get irritated as the woman looked like she was about confess her dirty secrets in the chruch.

Well, prepare to be enlightened. Do you remember anything from approximately 2 years ago?"

"I Remember being twenty two? What's this about?"

"Well, this is going to be quite a shock to you, Mr. Orihara, but I have someone here you might like to meet"

"Oh really? Is that so? And who is this mystery person?" Izaya started feeling a sense of excitement.

"W-well... this young lady here is your daughter..." she pointed to the child sitting next to Izaya.

"I am sorry, what?" Izaya Said as he looked at the child who was wearing a hooded jacket.

The child looked at him with the same auburn eyes as him, their eyes locked. she was staring at him with innocent yet curious eyes.

Izaya froze in his spot and sighed lowly, putting his thumb and finger on the inside of his eyes and rubbing the bridge of his nose with a trouble expression.

"It is true, sir" the woman replied handing him a glass of water.

"Where's the mother? I would like to have a chat with her" Izaya asked after a long pause. Thou his expression frighten the woman in front of him.

"Th-th-there's no need for that... It's actually impossible... The mother is dead."
______________________________________
Author's Note:

Heya sorry for the wait! Sorry this was boring but stay tuned to watch raise a kid lmao. I suck at naming so excuse that.
[Goals 20 views + 5 votes]
Feedback?