1

Elizabeth's POV
We've been away from Earth for a while. We were so excited the first few months, but now it's just getting old. It feels like the only thing that's keeping me from flipping out is Mace. We've been together for so long. We're kinda inseparable. We're all sitting at the table eating dinner.

"What's strange Searle is that you're the psych officer on this ship and I'm clearly a lot saner than you are.", Mace said pulling me out of thought. We made eye contact and I smiled which made him smile. I feel like Mace has been out of it lately. He hasn't been acting like himself. Maybe we have the same issue. We've been out here way to long and it's getting to us.

"Alright, if no one else is gonna say then I'm going to.", Mace said breaking the silence.

"The solar wind is much higher than we anticipated of it's distance.", Kaneda said then resumed eating.

"For the moment, we can still send package messages back. High frequency bursts will rise above the inference and moon station will be able to pick them up, but it's possible that within 24 hours we won't be able to communicate at all.", Harvey said creating a moment of silence.

"We'll finally be on our own.", Cassie said breaking the silence.

"We're 55 million miles from Earth." "I'd say we're already on our own.", I said finishing Mace's sentence.

"Come on guys! We were expecting this.", Kaneda said. I'm still kinda trying fit my head around the fact that we won't be able to contact home.

"But if any of you are planning on sending a message home, you should do it now.", Kaneda said getting out of his seat and walking away. Me and Mace looked at each other. Well, this is our last message to home until we'll be on our own.