9

Elizabeth's POV

I finally woke up. The reason I passed out was probably because I was dehydrated. The crew all looked devastated. Mace saw that I was awake came up to me.

"Hey, Liz. Thank God you're okay.", he said kneeling down, taking both my hands in his.

"Did we close the panels?", I asked and he went quiet.

"The breakdown is as follows: Trey is sedated in the med center. Dr.Searle diagnosed him as a suicide risk. As second in command, I'm now captain of Icarus 2. Thanks both to Kaneda and Capa, our shields are intacted, as is the payload, but the Oxygen Garden is completely destroyed. In addition, a large amount of O2 was burned in the fire. As it stands now, we do not have enough oxygen reserves to get us to our payload delivery point. Let alone to survive the return journey.", Harvey explained to all of us. I started to cry. Kaneda is dead and Trey is sick. Mace grabbed me and brought me closer to him trying to comfort me.

"We have no choice but to Ron de vu with the Icarus 1.", Harvey said. "If we're gonna complete the mission, Icarus 1 is our only hope.", Mace was quiet, thinking while he held me in his arms. He then took my hand and we went into the hall to think. Cassie and Cori came with us. Mace put an arm around me from behind. I leaned into his arm trying fit my head around all of this.

"Technically, he made a mistake." "What are you trying to say, Cori?", Mace asked Corizon.

"Harvey said there's not enough oxygen to get us to the payload delivery point, but there is. There just isn't enough oxygen to get all of us there." "Are you suggesting we let Trey kill himself?", I asked Cori.

"No, and in any case, Trey wouldn't be enough. We need to lose to  two more.", Cori said surprising me.

"3 out of 8, that's a lot of short straws.", Mace said making me bury my face into his arm. We then went our separate ways and Mace and I went into our room. I stood in the middle of the room and cried. Mace heard me and wrapped his arms around me from behind, kissing my forehead. I turned my head and rested my forehead on his.

"We're gonna die out here. You and I both know.", I sobbed. Mace turned me around and wrapped his arms around my waist hugging me. I held him as tight as I could as I buried my face into his neck.

"Don't lose hope, Lizzie. We still have Icarus 1. We can still have a chance if we can get to it.", Mace said trying to make me feel better. I look up at him and he smiled at smile. "We got this, okay? I love you with all of  my heart." I looked him in the eyes and then kissed him desperately.

"Make love to me, Mace.", I said ghosting lips against his. We started kissing and it got heated. Mace closed the door and lifted me on the counter. He then brought his lips to my neck. I wanted to do this. I wanted this moment with Mace, because this time would probably be my last.