4

Elizabeth's POV

Harvey called all of us in for a meeting. He says it's really important.

"23 hours ago while making a routine check on the com systems-" "While listening to your space music?", Mace said once again being a smart ass. I softly hit him in the chest.

"Don't be rude.", I said sending my attention back to Harvey. Mace just gave me a look and payed attention again.

"While scanning the frequencies, I heard a transmission. It appeared as we flew to the dark side of Mercury, the iron content of the planet is acting as an antenna. There's still a background interference, but the signal is clear enough.", Harvey said.

"Icarus, please play the audio file 754-B." "Yes, Harvey.", Icarus responded to Harvey's request. Then the audio played. It was really weird. I didn't really understand all what the audio meant, because it just sounds like a busted radio.

"End file", Harvey said making the audio file stop.

"What is it?", Mace asked like he was reading my mind.

"It's the Icarus 1.", Harvey said shocking everyone. "That signal was their distress beacon." Does that mean the people on Icarus 1 are still alive?

"That's impossible it's been 7 years-" "Clearly it's not impossible, because you can hear it with your own ears", Harvey said interrupting Trey.

"Are you saying they're still alive?" "We don't know.", Harvey answered Cassie.

"They could be. Their oxygen is self replenishing, their water is recycled-" "And they have all the solar power that they need.", I said finishing Corizon's sentence.

"What about food? There's no way their supply is gonna last in seven years." "That depends. They have stock to cover 8 people for 3 years.", Kaneda responded to Mace's statement.

"That's a 4 year short fall. That's a hell of a diet" "We don't know what happened to Icarus 1. It might've been on accident or something else. It might not have been 8 people to feed.", Kaneda made a pretty good argument.

"Cap, do we know where they are?" "Well done, Capa. That is the question.", Searle said responding to Capa's question. Kaneda then asked Icarus to show where Icarus 1 was and they almost made it, but not quite.

"They almost made it.", Capa said surprised.

"That's why no one picked up there signal until now. Was lost in the background light and noise.", Kaneda said.

"We'll fly right past them-" "Within 10 or 15 thousand miles.", Kaneda said finishing Cassie's sentence.

"Can anyone survive?", I asked worried for our safety.

"If the shields are intacted." "We'll be able to see them.", Corazon said confirming Kaneda's statement.

"I have to look at this very carefully,if I had to take a guess right now, I'd say we could start trojectory. We could fly straight to them.", Trey said.

"But we're not gonna do that.", Mace said not agreeing with Trey. I see why Mace doesn't agree, but I don't hear any better ideas. We all just looked at Kaneda since he's the captain. "Just to make it absolutely clear, there's no way we're gonna do that."

Silence. That was all that was heard in the room.