15

Capa's POV

"Icarus?" "Yes, Capa?", Icarus answered me. "Run an active bio-scan for all crew. Check oxygen consumption."

"Checking...Capa." "Yes?", I answered Icarus. "You're dying. All of the crew are dying", Icarus said to me.

"We know we're dying. As long as we can live long enough to deliver the payload, we're okay with it.", I said doing my work.

"Capa, Warning: you will not live long enough to deliver the payload", Icarus said surprising me. We had enough oxygen to deliver the payload. "Please clarify.", I told Icarus.

"12 hours before crew will be unable to preform complex tasks, 14 hours before crew will be unable to preform basic tasks, 16 hours until death. Journey time to delivery point: 19 hours." "That's impossible,Icarus. We're for certain that the remaining oxygen will keep 4 crew members alive.", I said disagreeing with Icarus.

"Affirmative. Four crew could potentially survive on the current oxygen reserves." "Trey's dead. There are only 4 crew members." "Negative.", Icarus said disagreeing.

"Affirmative, Icarus. Four crew: Mace, Cassie, Corizon, and me." "Five crew members.", Icarus said surprising me. There couldn't be five crew members on the ship.

"Icarus?" "Yes", Icarus answered. "Who's the fifth crew member?", I asked Icarus. "Unknown.", Icarus said. Someone that we don't know is on the ship.

"Where is the fifth crew member?" "The Observation Room.", Icarus said. answering me. I hurried to the Observation Room to see who was in there. At this point, I'm terrified. I make it to the Observation Room and it was so bright, I couldn't see. I looked closely and there was a guy laying there. He then looked at me.

"Are you an angel?", the guy asked me. "Has the time come? I've been waiting so long."

I moved closer to get a better look. "Who are you?", I asked him. "Who am I?", he  asked  trying to get up. "At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. And the moment will pass and will be gone.", He said pointing at something. "There will be nothing to show that we were ever here but stardust. The last man alone with God. I am that man.", he said falling down. I then tried to help him up, but he pulled away like I had hurt him.

"Oh my god.", I then got a look at his face. I then realized that is was the guy who sent the transmission on Icarus 1. "Oh my god, Pinbacker."