8

Mace's POV

"What the hell happened to her?" "I don't know! She just passed out!", I said answering Harvey.

"Mace, I need you to help me with this. I can't do this alone.", Cassie said focused on the screen. Liz just passed out and I don't know why. She was just fine earlier. I have to focus so they don't get killed out there. So I lay her down next to Trey. I quickly kiss her forehead and go back to work.

"Can you guys see this?" "Yeah, we see it.", I said answering Kaneda.

"Okay Mace, we got the first one closed.", Kaneda said.

"Can you do it" "It'll take a while, but yeah we can do it.", Kaneda said answering my question. We all cheered. They went on to fix the next panel. I then got up to go check on Trey and Lizzie.

"Hey. Don't kill yourself. We got this, okay?", I said cheerfully with smile trying to cheer him up. Then I looked over at Liz. She's still out cold from earlier. Then we got a call from Kaneda and Capa.

"Hey, what's going on, guys?" "The ship is moving.", Kaneda and Capa said. I quickly went to the computer to see what was going on.

"Resuming computer control of Icarus 2." "Negative, Icarus. Manual control." "Negative, Cassie. Computer control. Returning vessel to original rotation.", Icarus said ignoring  Cassie.

"What?" "Icarus, override computer. Manual control.", Me and Cassie said trying figure out what's going on.

"Negative. Mission in jeopardy. Override command statement. Manual flight controls removed." "Why?", I asked Icarus.

"Negative, Icarus, negative! State reason immediately." "Fire in Oxygen Garden.", Icarus said to Cassie. Holy shit. There's a fire in the oxygen garden. We had to seal every door connected to the oxygen garden. Now Kaneda and Capa have to get back here. It's way too dangerous to be out there now.

"Kaneda, Capa, get back to the airlock now." "Wait, Cassie. Icarus proceed the procedure.", I said.

"Captain, back me up." "The one priority is to protect the payload. Icarus, take over.", Kaneda said agreeing with me.

"Affirmative, Captain." I'm sure everyone understands why we have to do this. It's either this or the sun dies. "Returning vessel to original rotation"

"Sprinkler system failing. Fire will burn for 6 hours. 60% chance of containment failure. 75% chance of collateral damage to life support systems."

"What are we gonna do?" "Fly with 02." "What?!", Harvey asked.

"It'll cause a flash. It'll make itself burn out", I said explaining myself.

"We'll lose the whole garden." "We already lost it. Icarus, fire up 02 tanks. Cori, get the hell out of there.", I said. Cori is so upset about the garden. Like I said: we already lost it. Suddenly we lost contact with Kaneda and not responding.

"Kaneda's not gonna make it. It's too far.", Harvey said worried.

"Captain move now! Why isn't he moving?!", Capa screamed into the com.

"KANEDA!", Searle yelled. It was too late. Kaneda got burned to death and we lost contact.