6

Elizabeth's POV

It was dark in the spacecraft and Mace was no where to be found.  Then I found him in the maintenance room near one of the cooling tanks just staring into it.

"Mace, what are you doing in here?", I asked him but he didn't answer. I tried to walk to him,but it was like my feet were glued to the floor. I then saw him try to reach into it and he fell into it. "Mace!!", I screamed trying with all my might to get over there, but my feet wouldn't budge. Then I saw him get out, laying on the floor shivering like a rat. Finally, my feet could move again and I ran to him, putting his head in my lap.
"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!", I said almost in tears. I then saw his shivering hand go up pointing to the glowing wave of fire coming for us. When it reaches us I shout finally waking up.

I then heard an alarm go off with a red light following it.

"CODE THREE!!", Cassie making me leap out of bed to see what was going on.

"Get the hell out.", Mace said.

"What's going on?" "I screwed up.", Trey said answering Kaneda's question.

"You're not the one who screwed up." "It's my responsibility." "We don't need to stray from the mission." , Mace and Trey going at it.

"Hold on. What happened?", I asked trying to figure out what's going on.

"In order to change the route, I had to manually override our course. So, I made all the coordinates myself and double and triple checked them. They all worked out. So I set the coordinates and put us on our way.", Trey explained.

"So the problem is that trajectory is wrong?" "The trajectory is good, but it changes our chances of approaching the sun by 1.1 degrees.", Trey clarified Kaneda's question.

"You didn't set the shields to the new angle.", Capa said.

"Jesus Christ, Trey." "I fucked up. My head was full of velocities and feul calculations a-and a million different- I FUCKED UP! People do shit. Get stressed, fuck up.", Trey tried to explain to Harvey.

TREY! SNAP OUT OF IT!", I yelled trying to get him to calm down.

"The fact is we are still alive. A hole hasn't burned on the side of the ship. We don't have a 10,000 degree climate, what's the actual damage?" "We don't know. Icarus tried to reset the sheilds independently when the alarms triggered, but all sensors up there are burned out. So we have no idea about the state of the affected area. The only way we'd know is if we go out there.", Mace explained answering Cap's question.

"Okay. I'll get suited up." "It's a two man job.", Harvey said to Kaneda.

"I volunteer." "Alright.", Cap said to Mace.

"I volunteer Capa." "Yeah, just volunteer someone else, Mace.", I said responding to Mace's rude comment.

"Sure. I'll do it.", Capa said after hesitating a little. Then everyone got ready for what's about to happen. I stayed in the room with Mace helping with coms and computers while Cassie helped with suiting up. Cassie soon came back into the room.