18

Capa's POV

I hurried into the suit and burned the lock on the door. The door opened unscrewed the emergency door release. I strapped my self down to the walls so that I don't fly out when I opened the door. I then pushed the button opening the airlock. Then the door to the airlock got sucked out of the ship. Then it settled do and I to detonate the bomb. I went and started the Emergency Separation Procedure. Once I did, the bomb got released and the timer started. I tried to get out of there before it detonated, but I fell. I used all of the energy I had to get up. I opened the door to get out and suddenly Cassie's voice came into my mind.

"That's the only dream I have. The surface of the sun? Every time I close my eyes, it's always the same."

Elizabethan POV

I continue rocking us, going back to the times that we were happy. Before all of this ever happened. Then the wave of fire from my dream was coming towards me. Then everything went black.

It was like that dream wasn't a dream. It was how I was going to die.

Capa's POV

I finally made it to the payload without dying and I went to find Cassie. I finally found her lying on the ground.

"Cassie. We're flying into the sun.", I told her holding her face my hands. "Cassie, there isn't much time. Where is he? Is he here?", I asked her and then i felt Pinbacker grab me by the neck.

"For 7 years, I spoke with God. He told me to take us all to hell. ", he said tightening his grip on my neck. Then Cassie came to me and tried to pull me from him. We ended up falling down. We finally hit the ground and we looked at each other.

"Finish it.", Cassie said to me and I got up. I ran to the Flight Deck to start payload protocol. As soon as I finished, the payload detonated. I screamed, afraid of what might happened, but I opened my eyes. It was beautiful. I reached my hand out for it and everything just blanked out.

Capa's last transmission to Earth:

"So if you wake up one morning and it's a particularly beautiful day, you'll know we made it. Okay, I'm signing out.