13

Elizabethan POV

We were all sitting in the Social Area wondering how the mission was sabotaged.

"So I've been through Icarus' activity files and I checked it, double checked it, and triple checked it. And it's the same as always." "So in other words, unless Icarus is deleting her own files, she didn't do it.", Mace and I explained.

"And there was no...malfunction or anything." "Which means the airlock was removed manually.", Mace said to Cori.

"Cassie and I were in the fight deck the whole time." "And I was with Liz, Capa and Searle and I think we can all assume it wasn't Harvey. Which leaves one possibility.", Mace said leaving only one person who could've actually did it.

"Trey." "Trey's so doped up, he can hardly walk or feed himself, he sleeps for 23 hours a day, and he blames himself for everything that's gone wrong? Why would he do it?", Capa asked me.

"We don't know, but the possibility remains that it was him and we have to take that seriously." "By doping him up more?", Capa asked Mace.

"This isn't just about the possibility rather he sabotaged it or not. There's something else, too. Kaneda and Harvey died. We lost two people. If Trey dies, we'll have enough oxygen to make it to the delivery point.", Cori said. Is she suggesting that we kill Trey?

"At least now we know what happened to Icarus 1, the same thing that's happening here." "Fuck you, Capa.", Mace said.

"Mace, that's not called for." "What are you trying to remind us of? Our lost humanity?", Mace asked Capa completely ignoring what I just said. "I'll do it. I'm not passing any bucks.", Mace said nonchalantly. We all just looked at him.

"Do it how?" "That's between Me and Trey.", Mace said and then there was silence. "We'll have a vote this time. Everyone's vote required. So, you know where I stand."

"And me.", Cori said agreeing with Mace. "What are you asking? That we sacrifice the life of one for the future of man kind. Kill him.", Capa said.

"Cassie? Elizabeth?", Cori said and Cassie and I started to cry. We love Trey. He's apart of the team. Now we have to make a choice: him or man kind.

"Guys-" "We know the argument. We know the logic. You're saying you need our vote. I don't know about Liz, but I'm saying you can't have mine.", Cassie said making everyone look at me.

"Lizzie-", Mace called my name and tried to grab my hand, but I pulled it away. It's like I don't know him anymore. "You don't get my vote."

"What do we do?", asked and Mace got up and I started crying even more.

"I'm sorry, guys.", Mace said to us. I grabbed his hand, making him look at me.

"You make it easy for him. Somehow. Find a gun at least.", I said squeezing his hand causing him to squeeze back. He nodded.