11

Elizabeth's POV

Mace just told everyone that we weren't able to fly Icarus 1. So we're basically fucked. It's official that we're gonna die out here. I went up to Mace and hugged him from behind.

"We shouldn't have gone off the mission.", Mace said depressed. Like he's given up like I did. At this point, I can't do anything but just hold Mace and hope someone thinks up an idea.

"Hey, I found the crew.", Searle said surprising everyone. Mace grabbed my hand and we went to go find the others. We went into the social area and there were bodies at a table.

"What happened?", we heard Capa say and we followed his voice. We found them and we saw the dead bodies in the Observation Room.

"Oh shit." "Oh my god.", Me and Mace said. All we saw were the skeletons of the crew. Searle tried to diagnose one and it collapsed, then the ship shaked. I was about to fall, but Mace caught me and I held on to him for dear life.

"What the hell was that?" "Guys, get back to the airlock now.", Cassie said not even answering my question. Mace grabbed my hand and we ran to the airlock.

"There has been a serious inccident. We are floating away from you. I repeat, we are floating away from you.", Cassie warned us. We all ran as fast as we could.

"Cassie!" "The airlock has disconnected. We don't know why. The locking system on Icarus 1 has been ripped open. I can hold a conversation, but we aren't gonna be able to dock again. There's another thing, there's a hole breach. I can see it. You're losing atmosphere.",Cassie said responding to me.

"We're screwed.", Capa said not making the situation any better.

"No we're not.", Mace said running over to the only space suit on board. "At least one of us isn't anyway."

We put the suit on Capa and then Harvey came.

"What's happened?" "The airlock's destroyed and there's only one suit. Capa's taking it.", Mace answered Harvey.

"Why Capa?" "Because the rest of us are lower priority.", I answered Harvey this time.

"I'm not lower priority." "You're a coms officer on a ship that has no means of communication.", Mace said to Harvey's selfish comment.

"Oh yeah? I'm the captain! The mission needs a captain to hold it together.", Harvey said getting on my nerves and I'm pretty sure Mace's nerves too.

"Harvey, Capa's the only one outside our crew who can operate the payload. There is no choice.", Searle tried to explain to Harvey, but apparently wasn't having it.