Conflicting Black Prt 11

As we got closer to my street the blurred figure of my house start to came into my line of vision.

We were soaking wet by the time we reached my front door, and the lack of light in the house confirmed that my dad isn't home. I sigh in relief due to that realization.

Fishing my keys out of my pocket I unlocked the door and stepped into the house motioning for Austin to follow, I was hoping and praying on my way here that the place wouldn't be as bad as I'd thought it out to be but I guess my 'luck' really has expired. Seeing as all the sh*t that I'd had to face for so long now you'd think that I didn't have any luck at all.

The house was it's usual mess. Grim dirt that covered not only the floor but the pieces of furniture that the house had, empty beer bottles even a few broken ones covered the tile floor hiding the once beautiful colored tiles.

My embarrassment could be seen clear as day on my face and I'm sure Austin was silently laughing at me, even though he hasn't said a word since we arrived and entered my house.

Leading him up the stairs I got two towels to dry ourselves off and lead him toward my room the most presentable looking place in the house I sat on my bed while he sat in my bean bag.

An awkward silence envelopes us seeing as no one had the courage to start a conversation, my eyes started to roam over the familiar faded wall paper on my walls seeking out every chip or peal that the wall had. A throat clearing in the deafening silence brought me out of my wondering.

"So... I-I wanted to apologise properly." He said timidly.

"So you scared the loving day lights out of me just to apologise??? And what for anyways"

"You know...For those stuff I said earlier, I know what u mean when you say I can't help you, don't you think I see how they look at you, no us! I know they can't tolerate us but that doesn't give them the right to treat us like crap.... we don't have to take this sh*t from anyone, you and I both know it's true and that's what makes me so angry, you just sit and let them push you around... you need to stand up for yourself!" He argued angrily.

Believe me when I say I know exactly what he means but it's not that easy I've grown up in this town with these people and I've been subjected to this kind of treatment before I even knew myself, I don't know how to fight back I'm one person I can't take on the world that's impossible unless i'm some kind of God. It pains my heart to know that people would actually do things like this every time I'm subjected to one of the wicked acts that they think is okay to commit and I just sit and take it, cause that's all I know.

"I-I know what your talking about but it just won't change anything for me this way of life is all I know, I can only feel sorry for myself and then that's it. Its like second nature." Burying my face in my hands my voice begun trembling with each word that left my lips,the dam of tears that built up in my eyes rushed down my face like a faucet turned on.
My shoulders shook with each sob that tore from my throat, Austins arm rest on my back rubbing soothing circles to calm me down, but the tears wouldn't stop falling.

"Hey, I know it's not okay but let's try to get through this together? I want to be your friend and help you out. You can trust me." Each word that he spoke sounded so sincere and the thought of having someone to call a friend was real tempting so with a watery smile on my face I said the one word that I thought would make me happier.

"Yes."
_______________________________________

Thanks for reading.

You know the usual, vote, comment, and share.

Thanks!