Chapter 14:Chosen

None of the girls could beilive that the time went by so fast. Nikki was now four months pregnant. Reese had officially moved in a week ago but still her and Mary hadn't had the conversation that explained everything that's going on. Everyone in the house hold was busy running around trying to get out of the house. Monday mornings weren't at all Nikki's favorite.

"¡Alright everyone stop moving!" Mary shouted and successfully got everyone's attention. No one dared to move. "Nikki has her gender revealing sonogram today who's going with her." A lot had changed in the last couple weeks. Reese and Kate moved in, Mary got a job and they had done a little remodeling to the house.

"I have to stay after class today to make up for the test I missed Friday. So not me." Reese stated.

"Can't have a company meeting." Nate said walking out the kitchen. That left two possibilities. Kate or Mary. Mary looked at Kate, and Kate knew very well she couldn't take Nikki because she had to work.

"I have a cleint but I can push her back to Wenseday at 7, so I can take her." Kate said finally giving Mary the peace she need. Nikki looked at the two woman. She was kind of upset that they talked about her like if she wasn't there.

"Or" Nikki said bringing the attention to her. "I could go on my own and tell you guys when I get home." Mary knew there was no point in arguing Nikki could make it there on her own.

"Fine" Mary agreed "but if any of us get out early we meet you there." Nikki nod in understanding. Everyone walked out of the house and got into their separate cars. Nikki sat in the back seat while Reese and Mary in the front. Nikki looked down at her small round belly she was beginning to show. Some of her shirts and pants were now tight. Just like the house changed Nikki did to her belly grew and now there was no hiding her pregnancy. No one that lived in the Lopez household cared what the town had to say about Nikki they all loved her the same. Walking into class Nikki notice Liam didn't show up yet again. Maybe it's for the best. Nikki thought. I was stupid to think he could handle my pregnancy.
Nikki softly chuckled at herself.

"Care to share what's so funny?" Nikki's teacher asked.

"Um no I'm so sorry." The day went on painfully slow for all three girls but finally the day had come to an end. Mary had gotten the keys from Reese because, Reese was staying after school and Mary and Nikki left to Mary's job. Mary was a waitress for a small restaurant in the town called Frank's. Nikki's appoint wasn't until another hour and it was about a 15 minute walk from Frank's. Mary had began her shift and right on time because lunch hour had just begun. Mary brought Nikki's order and Nikki began to eat.

"It's on the house so don't worry about paying." A tall man told Nikki. Nikki gave him a puzzled look. "I'm Frank and this here is my restaurant." The man now known as Frank offered Nikki his hand Nikki took it.

"I'm Nikki." Nikki offered the man a warm smile.

"Well Nikki looks like you could use someone to talk to you seem a bit stressed. Care to share what's one your mind?" Nikki took a while to think abou Frank's offer. At first she didn't want to but them she thought he's a stranger and he'll probably not say anything of what she says to anyone.

"I'm scared." Nikki began to let out what she was holding in. "What if I screw this up and mess up my baby. I knew that this baby was in me but I could sometimes pretend that this baby wasn't in my because I wasn't showing. But now I'm learning my baby's gender and it makes it so much more real. I didn't have parents growing up what if I mess this child up." At this point Nikki was in tear and she was happy that Mary was in the back of the restaurant and no where near her.