Chapter 3:Sleepover

Nikki happily ran into the kitchen for dinnner.

"Mommy can we please go now?" she asked her mother.

"After we eat dinner. I made you favorite green chicken enchiladas." Nikki jumped of excitement she lived the way her enchiladas. She was tiny but Nikki could eat three whole enchiladas on her own. She quickly ate anxious to leave the her first sleepover that Mary Lopez a chuch girl had invited her to.

"Can we go now mommy?" she asked once again. He parents giggles and got up ready to take her.
·········

They pulled up in the Lopez driveway and got out the car. Nikki's parent left her knowing she would be in safe hands.

The little girls had a fun nights. They watched the movie Robin Hood and ate junk food until their belly ached. Slowly one by one they fell asleep. Maria, Mary's mom, came to the living room to turn off the tv. It was alreay midnight. She check all the girls and covered them, she notice Nikki was gone.

"Nikki?" Maria whisper so she wouldn't wake the rest of the kids. She walked over to the restoom to see if the missing child was there but no luck. She quickly checked the whole house again. She quickly ran back to her bedroom to wake up her husband Sam.

"Sam sam" she spoke as she shook her husband. He slowly woke up.

"What's wrong" he asked in a very sleepy voice.

"Nikki is gone" she bluntly stated her voice breaking. He sat up quickly and grabbed his shirt putting it on.

"What do you mean?" he questioned his now crying wife.

"S-s-she gone. She's not here in the house." he hugged his wife to calm her down and grabbed her cell phone. He dialed Nikki's moms number.

"Hello." answer Rebecca.

"Rebecca by any chance did you pick up Nikki?" he questioned un hope she would say yes.

"No we didn't." she answered "Is everything ok Sam?" she started to get concerned. He knew he couldn't lie her thiz was about her daughter.

"Rebecca Nikki's gone." he stated a cry escaped Rebecca.
·········

Nikki's parents arrived at the Lopezs house. They all talked and agreed that Maria would stay to watch the kids and they would go look for Nikki.

They looked all around town but she was no where to be found. "We looked everywhere." cried Rebecca.

"We'll find her honey." said Rodger trying to calm down his sobbing wife.

"The only place we haven't checked is the town cementary." point out Sam. They weren't that far that Rebecca ran all the way there. To their surprise Nikki was there. Laying in front of a grave stone that the Adam's knew very well.

"Well I'll leave you guys alone thank god she's ok." Sam spoke knowing they needes to be alone. Nikki was deep asleep in front of the grave stone that had craved on it Nataly Adams.

"How did she get here?" Rebecca asked Rodger.

"I don't know."

"She knows nothing about this. We thought it would be better to keep her away." she reminded Rodger.

"Yes I know but I didn't tell her." with that the sleep Nikki awoke.
"Hey honey."

"Hi mommy hi daddy." both Rodger and Rebecca looked at each other.

"Fine I'll ask." groaned Rebecca. "Hey honey wanna tell me how you got her." Nikki nod.

"My friend brought me. He said we were going to see my big sister." she answered truthfully. "Mommy why didn't you tell me about her?" tears raced down Rebecca's cheek. She picked up her child and kissed her.

"Well honey" she began to explain "Nataly died when she was one. She stopped breathing in her sleep and well mommy and daddy didn't tell you because we thought it would be better because when you where born it had been five year since she was gone." Nikki nod and layed her head on her mother chest.

Rebecca knew what they told Nikki about her older sister death was a lie but they had to keep their child innocence.