Chapter 5:Time

Nikki's parents couldn't believe how much time had past, their precious little girl was turning 16 today. Still Nikki was in a coma. Her body devolpe durning time. In the years that Nikki had been in the coma her parents had two, seven year old little boys, twins that they named Nick and Niko. It had been a month since they last came to see their daughter. Walking into Nikki's room they where shocked to see that Nikki wasn't in her bed on life support but sitting next to the window, looking at the sky.
"When did she wake up?" Rebecca ask the passing doctor. The Doctor rushed inside and got Nikki to sit on the bed.

"Hi honey I'm Doctor Torres can you tell me what your name is?" Doctor Torres immediately start to check Nikki's heart beat.

"Nikki Adams. Where's my mom and dad?" Nikki no longer spoke like a sweet innocent eight year old. Doctor Torres finished checking Nikki.

"Well Mr. and Mrs. Adams your daughter is perfectly healthy she doesn't seem affect much about what happen to her." Doctor Torres left the family alone. Nikki rushed into the arms of her parents that had tear streaming down the face. Nikki's parents explained to her what had happened.

"How long was I in a coma?" Nikki ask confused.

"Eight years." her father answered truthfully. Nikki looked around. Everything she remembered was diffrent, her parents had some grey hair and the light of happiness in their eyes were gone.
····

Nikki took a deep breath as she walked into her room. Her room remained untouch still had pink walls and little mermaid covers. She remembered everything like it was yesterday.

Everyone quitely sat down at the table no one dared to say a word.
"Why are you here?" Niko asked.

"Niko!" their father spoke "Nikki is here because she is your sister. She was just went on a trip." Rodger lied. Today was the day Rebecca and Rodger where going to disconnect Nikki from life support and they where taking Nick and Niko to meet and say goodbye to their older sister.

"Dad it's ok he's just curious." Nikki defended him. She never liked to hear her father yell. Nikki asked to be excused and walked to her room. She grabbed the roses that where in here room.

"Mom, Dad I'm going to go visit Nataly." she said before walking out.

"You remember Nataly?" Rebecca looked at her daughter in disbeilf.

"Yes I remember everything, the sleep over, the graveyard, the death of Doctor Baxtons son, his funeral, and I remember you crying when you got home because I was in a coma and dad was yelling at you that it was better to disconnect me." Rodger and Rebecca both glance at each other.

"Nikki how do you know about that. Me and your father had already left the hospital and you where already in the coma." Her parent began to get scared, once again their daughter knew event that happened when she wasn't there.

"I don't know! I just know." with that Nikki walked out. As she walked she looked around and saw that alot had changed. The place she grew up in was diffrent, the little store she would always buy candy from was no closed down with picture of the owner, lit candles and the day February 10, 2009. She was in a coma by that time. Nikki felt herself crying and wiped her cheek.

"Hey are you ok?" a girl asked her. The girl seemed to be about the same age as Nikki.

"Oh yeah I'm fine. Don't worry."

"Oh ok but are you new around here? This town is pretty small and I know everyone but I've never seen you around here." Nikki couldn't tell if she ever met this girl because everyone she knew was now grown and changed just like her.

"Um no I'm Nikki Nataly Adams."

"I don't know who told you that name but it's not nice to pretend to be a girl that's been in a coma for the past eight years!" the girl was very angry and had already began to cry.

"I'm not lying I am Nikki."

"Well if you are Nikki tell me something on her and Mary knew."

"When me and Mary where seven we took her mother's necklace to play dress up but we lost it in the backyard, we never found it again but me and Mary blamed Seth her older brother and he go a beating and grounded." The last part of Nikki's explanation is what made the girl beilive her. She was pulled into a tight embrace.

"Nikki?"

"Mary?" Nikki couldn't beilve how diffrent Mary looked. Mary had become a bueatiful girl.
····

Nikki walked into the house to be recived by the yelling of her mother.
"Mom I'm ok. I lost track of time." She tried to explain.

"Doing what!"

"I ran into Mary Lopez. You have to tell people that I'm awake and alive because five people asked me today if I was new in town and when I gave my name they didn't beilve me." Her parents looked at her with pity.
"Don't look at me like that don't pity me you just need to let people know I'm back!" her mom hugged her.

"Shh it's ok honey you're right." her parents walked her to her room and gave her a good night kiss.

In the morning when Rodger and Rebecca woke up Nikki was gone from ber room. They looked everywhere but had no luck. They once again went to the grave yard where they once found their eight year old daughter there. Nikki was sliently sleeping. Her father gently shook her.
"Nikki how did you get here?"

"I don't know." she just went back to sleep. Rodger lifted her up and walked back to the house. When he layed her down her shirt slightly lifted and he noticed that Nikki still had the strange markings.

"God please protect my little girl." he quietly spoke.
No in this family understood what is going on with Nikki. Nikki herself was confused about everything that was going on but she realized that somehow her life is not going to be normal.