Chapter 3

Chases POV:

There was no way she was back. It took me forever to get over her, and then she just walks back into my damn life. I groaned, pulling on my hair. She was so much hotter- prettier. Prettier, than I remember. I know she did reject me, so many times, but maybe I have a chance now. Maybe I should just leave her alone. I could just move my locker. I rolled my eyes. I could just suck it up and go out with Clarissa. She's such a bitch, though. She's popular, isn't that what I wanted? No, I want Kaitlin. I highly doubt she wants me. I'm just... Chase. I'm sure she has some Australian guy she's drooling over. She did say hi to me between classes though. That means she remembers me, right? She was probably just being nice. She does that a lot. I get off my bed and glance out my window. I really hated where my room was at, but I also loved it. I could easily see the part of the street Lauren & Kaitlin used to hangout in, and still seem to. Kaitlin was holding a handstand and Lauren was laughing at her. I can't believe how much Lauren changed since Kaitlin left. She went through about 2 months of depression before she finally moved on. Then she started hanging out with Harry & Niall and their group. She started getting all these tattoos and piercings. She was still attractive, but she wasn't the same. Her popularity disappeared under her. Though, that probably didn't matter to her as much as it did to me. I sighed and flopped back on my bed. I could stay here and mope in my room all day, or I could go to the party and socialize. There was a light knock on my door disrupting my thoughts.

"Come in." I said.

My mom poked her head through the door.

"Can you go get the garbage for me?" She asks.

I roll off my bed to go help her.

"Isn't that Joey's job?" I ask, slightly whining as I followed her down the stairs.

She just laughed. I roll my eyes. As I walk outside, I glance over at Kaitlin & Lauren. Kaitlin was looking at me, but her attention snapped back to Lauren when our eyes met. Dammit, she saw me. Nothing like casual stalking. I ran my hands through my hair before I grabbed the trash can. I'm not really sure where I got it from, but it was a nervous habit. It was extremely heavy for being 'empty.' I leaned it back up to look inside. I lifted the lid but it came easily and smacked me in the face. Joey popped up and grinned at me.

"God dammit, Joey." I snapped.

Kaitlin's POV:

I looked over at the garage I heard opening. It was Chase. Our eyes met, but I looked away. Dang it, now he's going to think I was staring. Well, I was, but I didn't mean to be. I felt heat rise in my cheeks. Lauren stopped talking. I had completely tuned out on what she was saying, so I decided to agree and ask something else.

"Mhm... So, um, when did that like... happen?" I asked, referring to Chase.

She giggled, clearly missing that I was ignoring her.

"Freshman year, right after you left."

I snorted. Figures. He was really hot. There is no way I would go out with him though. I would feel so guilty. I shouldn't have said no so many times. I did hangout with him a few times and let him take me out on a date. I just felt bad because he kept asking me. I would have never had the courage to ask a girl out. Well, if I was a dude, anyways. There was a loud thud interrupting my thoughts.

"God dammit, Joey." Chase barked.

I turned around to see what was going in. Chase had his head in his hands, and Joey was giggling. I remember seeing Joey go in the trash can only five minutes before, but I thought nothing of it.

"Now would be the time to go save him." Lauren said, amusement in her voice.

I glared at her before looking back at them.

"Hey, Chase!" Lauren called.

My eyes grew wide. She did not. If looks could kill, she would be dead.

"What the hell was that for." I hissed.

"Go make the first move." She whispered back.

"Well it's a little obvious now."

"Just go." She said.

I rolled my eyes before standing up.

I jogged over to him before speaking, "hey, are you okay?" I asked.

I bit my lip. I will happily kill Lauren after this. He looked surprised but didn't saying anything. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine thanks." He said.

I smiled at him.

"Are you sure?" I asked, as he rubbed his temples.

He laughed uncomfortably.

"Yeah, I'm good." He said.

"Did your girly-friend come and save you?" Joey asked from behind me.

I spun around to see the small child with a smirk on his face. His eyes grew wide.

"Kaitlin!" He said, throwing his arms in the air.

I smiled at him, ignoring his earlier comment, and lifted him from the trash can.

"You smell icky." I said, as I set him down.

"I was in a trash can for twenty minutes, I'm not going to smell like flowers." He said back, but grinned at me.

I chuckled at his exaggeration, he was only in the trash can for tops 10 minutes, and he ran inside. I looked back up to Chase. Great. What was I supposed to do now. He raised and eyebrow at me.

"Icky?" He said, a smile playing on his lips.

"Shut up." I said, slightly pouting.

Everybody made fun of me because I don't really swear and I have the vocabulary of a 10 year old. He laughed at me.

"How was Australia?" He asked, shifting his weight to his other foot.

"It was cool. Different, but cool." I said.

"You picked up an accent." he stated.

"Did not." I argue.

He laughs,"I'm pretty sure you did."

The whole time I was in Australia, everyone made fun of me for having an American accent, and now I come back and I have an Australian accent. Well that solved my problems. I groaned.

"That's not fair." I said.

"Not" he said mocking me.

"Goodbye." I said, laughing.

Granted I stayed where I was.

"I was kidding." he laughed again "ill see you around then?" He half asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

I smiled at him, then walked back to Lauren.

"Asshole." I hissed at her as I sat down.

This was an exception of how far my swearing goes.

( A/N: I have no idea where this chapter was going, but I don't think it is half bad. I guess you could say it's a filler. Thanks for reading guys, ily all a lot.)