Chapter 27

Harry

I'm coming over.

That sounded more like Harry than our earlier conversation.

Me

I have cheer.

I groaned as nearly 5 minutes later there was knock on my door. I rolled off my bed and ran down the stairs to get it before anyone else did. I pulled the open and sure enough Harry stood in front of me. I rolled my eyes slightly. I should have known he wasn't going to listen. He gave me the slightest smile that only I would notice before I stepped out of the way for him. I pushed the door shut behind him and tried to go upstairs without being questioned, but of course Sarah wouldn't let that happen.

"Kaitlin, who is this?" She sang.

"My..." I stopped, not knowing what to call him "friend."

"Him!" Kenzie screeched pointing to him.

He gave me a wary look and I shrugged.

"Mommy, I want hair like him!" She said.

Harry broke into a smile. It was weird, it wasn't one of his cocky smiles, it was an actual smile where his dimples come out by themselves.

"He was here when you were watching them?" Sarah asked, nearly choking.

"He took my to cheer, yes," I say.

She blinked in shock. Sam looked at me, worried.

"Is there a problem?" Maci asked her.

I mentally thought to thank her.

"Well, no but he's... He-"

"Sarah," Sam warned.

"Come on," I said quietly.

I didn't really care what they thought. I pushed myself up the stairs. I entered my room, Harry followed me.

"I told you I have cheer," I said.

"Ill take you," he says, sitting on my bed.

I snort lightly.

"I'm sorry about Sarah, she's a little different," I say, laughing.

He laughed quietly.

"What time do you go to cheer?" He asks.

"Um," I mumble quietly "8 I believe,"

"Good, come on," he says standing up.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"I'm taking you on a proper date," he says, as if its obvious.

"Um, why?" I say, confused.

"You can't choose between Chase or me if I haven't taken you on a date," he said.

My mouth formed an o and I felt my cheeks grow red as I follow him back downstairs. I quickly grab my practice wear from the laundry room and go back to the living room.

"Where do you think your going?" My mom asked.

"We're going to the library to get a book for school and then he's going to drop me off at cheer," I lie.

Harry's face remains normal as if that's what we were actually going to do that.

"I said I was going to drive you," Sam whines.

"What the hell, you said you couldn't!" I say.

I felt bad now, Sam wanted to see Matt when we went. I was positive he told me he couldn't go, though. That is his fault.