Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve:

you love him, dani

"Dani just get out of the car!" Max groaned, hitting her head on the steering wheel.

"Why should I? You set me up on a date with some mysterious man and its nearly midnight! Why should I trust this?" I crossed my arms.

"Would you please just trust me? I promise you, I've done a background check on him and everything. Nothing bad," she looked at me with pleading eyes. I sighed and nodded my head. "Good! Now go! He's waiting for you!"

I really didn't want to get out the car but I did. I looked down and smiled at the red and white rose petals. My favorites. Max either told the man this, or I've met him before. I fixed my cardigan slightly and followed along the rose petal path. There were a few candles neatly placed along the path well and I thought it was cute. This guy was really making an effort for this to be romantic.

I could tell this was leading to my little oasis area that I love so much and I could tell Max had to have told the guy this. She was the only one who knew about it besides the others. I walked a little bit slower than I probably should have, but I couldn't help it.

One: everything was so beautiful and I wanted it to last as long as possible

and

Two: i was also extremely nervous about meeting this person.

I guess this is one thing I could cross off of my bucket list.

I kept walking until I knew the end of the path was getting closer and looked up. I blinked rapidly to make sure I was seeing everything properly.

"Calum? You're the mystery man?"

He scratched the back of his neck and smiled lightly, "I um... yeah?"

"Okay. I'm leaving," I turned on my heel getting ready to walk off.

"Wait Dani please," I looked down, really wanting to just run into his arms and stay there, but I knew I couldn't give up like that. I wasn't going to be that weak."Give me a chance. Please."

I stood there for a moment, making him think that I was thinking about it, but I already knew my answer. Max had set me up on a date with Calum. He actually cares and want to win me back and I was pretty surprised with it. It did feel a little bit wrong, seeing as I know he isn't single, but I'm going to take that chance. It's not like there are any paps around to document this moment.

"Fine," I said after a little bit and turned around, finding him with that adorable little smile on his face I had missed so much. I noticed that he was holding a boutique of my favorite flowers and smiled lightly. "So what have you planned, Hood?"

"You'll see," he smirked and took my arm in his as he led me into the center of the oasis. He set up a picnic and I couldn't believe he put this much thought into everything.

"I'm surprised you remembered all of this. And I also feel very under dressed," I commented as I sat down on the blanket that was on the ground. I was surprised he went to the trouble of wearing a tux. I've never seen him in one before and the only pictures you could find on the internet are photo shopped. Or at least they look to be.

(A/N: her outfit )

(A/N: her outfit )

"Don't worry about it, I think you look stunning," Calum smiled, sitting down across from me. He opened up the wicker basket and pulled out some of my favorite food.

"Did you really bring pizza?" I laughed, shaking my head.

"And ham and cheese sandwiches with mayo," he nodded, giving me a small wink.

I rolled my eyes playfully and took a slice from the container that he was holding out to me, "So... what made you want to do all of this for me?"

Calum set down the container after taking his own slice, "I don't know if you understand this or not, but Dani, I am in love with you and I knew something had to have been there when I met you at our concert in California. Even if I didn't know if I would be seeing you again, I knew something had to have been special. I love you, Dani, and I am willing to do anything to show you that."

"But," I looked down slightly, not wanting to look him in the eye when I said this, "What about your girlfriend. It's not right having a girlfriend and loving another girl."

I felt fingers under my chin before my head was lifted up slightly, "Dani, I broke up with her. I knew it wasn't right and that's why I did it. I choose you, Dani. I'll always choose you."

I smiled lightly at his words, "I-- I don't really know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything," Calum smiled, rising his hand from my chin to my cheek. I closed my eyes at the comforting gesture before I felt a pair of soft lips connect with mine. I sighed and let my arms drape themselves behind Calum's neck, our slices of pizza falling to the ground. Calum placed his hands on my waist and pulled my closer to him, our lips still locked into a passionate kiss.

I slowly straddled him and he pulled me even closer, still kissing. I had never really felt like this before and it was exhilarating.

When the two of us broke apart to get air, I started laughing, causing Calum to laugh, "Wow."

"Yeah wow," I laughed, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Do you want to go do something?" Calum asked, his chest vibrating against mine.

"Like what?"

"Go swimming in our clothes?"

I laughed and leaned back slightly, "What?"

"It's something on my bucket list that I have yet to do, oddly enough. So what do you say?"

I laughed and nodded, "Let's do it."

A/N:

Double update because I'm just that cool.

I'm really not.

Anyways, I'm getting excited because I know where I'm going with this book.

I also have some pretty big news for you all.

There will be a third book to this series, but it will be the last book. But for now, you have this book to look forward to. I can't wait!

Love you guys!

-Squoose