Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty Five:

do you, dani

I sighed as I carefully slid on the flower crown that I was going to be wearing today. My stomach was full of jitters and I felt as though I was going to throw up.

"Ten minutes until the ceremony begins," Nicole smiled, looking up from her phone.

"I'm so nervous," I sighed, placing my hand on my chest.

"Oh no. You're sweating. She's sweating," Max placed her hand on her shoulder and looked at me before turning around and looking at the other bridesmaids.

"What? Sweating? No! No sweating," Safiya grabbed a box of tissues from her purse and rushed up to me. She pulled out a tissue, wadding it up, and dabbed at my forehead trying not to smear my makeup.

Wedding day was here and I was freaking out to say the least. It was the day I became a Hood. The day I never thought would ever come. 

I never thought I would get married. Ever. I figured I'd be alone and have to buy a bunch of cats so I wouldn't end up being extremely lonely before I died.

Thinking back on it now it seems a lot weirder than it did at the time...

"Dani you'll be fine," Katherine smiled, looking over her shoulder to me quickly before looking back in her mirror and adjusting her lipstick. "You can't back out now."

Katherine was right. There was no way I could back out. I mean even if I could, I wouldn't. I love Calum so much, but I'm just nervous. Pre-wedding jitters as my mom called it.

"Lily come here," Safiya held out her hands as she carefully bent down to the ground. Lily was the flower girl for the wedding. She was the most adorable little girl I'd probably ever seen and I was slightly jealous that she was Safiya's younger cousin.

There was a small knock on the door and all of our attention turned to the door. Ashton peeked his head in, "You ladies ready?"

The girl's heads turned to me and I smiled, "As ready as I'll ever be."

Ashton opened up the door wider and linked arms with Safiya, smiling. Kian smiled as Max walked up to him and wrapped his arm around her waist. Calum was nice enough to allow Kian to be one of his groomsmen since Max was my maid of honor.  Michael was the best man and I was surprised that Luke and Ashton didn't react poorly, but after being friends with them for so long I somewhat understand.

"My lady," Michael bowed, leaning his hand out to Nicole. I smiled at them. After the incident a while ago on the couch, they had went out on a couple dates before becoming official. I was happy for them.

"Well don't you look handsome," Katherine smiled as Luke walked up to her. "Just let me finish up my mascara and I'm ready."

"You're a lucky girl, Dani," Michael smiled, nudging me with his elbow.

"Mommy!" Kodah yelled, running into the room toward me.

"Hey Bubba!" I smiled, carefully bending down to look at him.

"You look so pretty Mommy!" Kodah laughed. "Look! I have a bow tie!"

"Yes you do and you look handsome," I ran my fingers through his hair quickly, adjusting the mess that was there. Ashton probably ruffled his hair a bit earlier, it was something he liked to do to him.

I looked up and saw my dad walking into the room. My brother followed him and I smiled. I wanted to have both of them walk me down the aisle because Peter had been there a lot for me even though his young age. He's sixteen now and still working as hard as ever to become a professional athlete.