It all begins...

It all began with a tragedy, which then lead the girl to her happiness.

Wendy, who actually had a very happy and joyful family. Her whole family were talented in music. She had a great voice and was trained by her parents since young. She is a very simple girl who loved photography, other than singing. However things changed in December, when her parents were on their way to meet Wendy for some Christmas shopping. It was snowing so heavily that visions were blurred and Wendy's parents could not see where they are going. Wendy's father was worried that they could not make it in time to meet Wendy, so he sped up and never did he know that he was driving towards the cliff.
When Wendy's parents realised that they were falling off the cliff and was going to die, they hugged each other and were saying that they let Wendy down, because they were never going to see her again. They will never be able to watch over her, see her joyful face when she sing or say the final goodbye to their one and only precious daughter.

Wendy's POV
"I wonder how long more my parents are going to take to come. It's now snowing so heavily, hope they drive carefully."

Suddenly, her phone rang. "Ringgggg!! Ringggg!!" She got a shocked and somehow, she have a bad feeling about this call, because her bracelet that her parents gave her snapped when she is about to answer the call. She had no time to worry about the bracelet as she needs to answer the call. She can sense that the call has something got to do with her parents. She answered the call while picking up the charms of the bracelet.

"Hello? Is this Son Wendy on the phone? I am calling from the police station. Your parents have unfortunately passed away and someone found their bodies off the cliff. Is it ok for you to come to the police station to settle some documents?"

Wendy lost her strength in her legs and fall to the ground. She cried so badly and placed her hands which was holding the bracelet, close to her and to her chest.

"What am I going to do now... I have lost my parents... No.. This can't be happening.. We were going to meet up and do some Christmas shopping... They can't just leave without saying anything to me.."

After a few minutes, Wendy picked herself up and rushed to the police station. She settled some paper work and saw her parents' body. The officer passed Wendy her parents' belongings that was found in the car. Wendy cried badly after seeing the things given to her. There were a picture and it was her graduation picture taken together with her parents. Then she spotted a gift wrapped in nice wrapping paper. She was wondering who her parents was going to give the present to, until she saw the card pasted at the side of the present.
"Merry Christmas Wendy!! We are always proud to have you as our daughter. Everyone was jealous of us to have such a sweet, nice and talented girl. We were thinking of migrating back to Korean after Christmas. So this will be our last time celebrating Christmas in Canada. I believe we will have a happy life in Korean too and you can pursue your dreams there. Love you Wendy,
your dearest papa and mama."
"Papa and Mama actually prepared my present so early... Now, I can't even celebrate our last Christmas in Canada together with them.."
Wendy stayed strong and knew that even though her parents were no longer by her side, they will watch over her from heaven and they will live forever in her heart. She made a decision that she will not open the present now, but will only open it on Christmas Day itself.

*One week has passed*

Wendy has settled her parents' funeral and it was already Christmas. She then opened up the present. To her surprise, it was a musical box. She opened up and saw that it was a customisation musical box, because the figurines in the box is not ballerina or any other characters. However, it was figurines of her, and her parents. She was standing in the middle with her parents' arms wrapped around her. The melody that was played was her parents' favourite song and at the same time, her favourite. She listened to the melody of the song "Miracles in December", she cried and knows that her parents wishes for her to go back to Korea and be a singer.

So she packed all her things and decided to head back to Korea and fulfill her parents' dreams. While she was packing her things, she received a call. An unknown call from overseas.She picked up and heard a man's voice.
"Hello? Is this Wendy? I am your mom's brother, Uncle Nicholas. I've received news that my sister and brother-in-law passed away... I hope that you will come to Korea and live with us. I know that you are now alone, but I want you to continue to have the feelings of being loved. Your cousin, Irene misses you too. She hoped that you will come stay with her, so that she will have a sister to talk to. Let me know when you coming back to Korea, so that I will come and fetch you. See you soon Wendy."