Part 19

"Hello Sarah."

"Commander?" I said completely taken aback. With all the surprises and shocks that come along with being an agent, this definitely tops them all.

"Why yes. Surprised?" he chuckles topping it with a malicious smile.

"What are you doing with them? I thought we were family?" I asked feeling hurt inside.

"Well, you thought wrong." he said with no sugar coating.

"Oh I didn't know it was bring your kid to work day." I say sarcastically nodding my head towards Genevieve.

He just laughed. "Oh Sarah. Oh naive little Sarah."

"Excuse me?" I say defensively, crossing my arms.

"You still believe that bullshit Genevieve and Jeremy told you?" Commander says pointing to the two who wearing smug grins.

I just gave him a perplexed look.

"I surprised the mighty Sarah Parks. The one who has always been in the limelight with her big ego." he taunted me stepping closer each time but we still kept a safe distance.

"What is all this about?" I asked cautiously trying not to make a wrong step.

"Oh. Where are my manners? I should probably explain all of this." he said with a smirk. "Well I don't where to start."

"How about why you're behind all of this?" I ask with a harsh tone.

"Well, let's just start from the beginning, shall we?" he says trying to tick me off.

I gave him an impassive look and tapped my foot.

"Your father and I were very good friends back in high school. You know, before he died." I gritted my teeth. It was that bastard who killed my family. "We both wanted to be in criminal crime. But something came in the way of our studies and well, that was your mom. She was really something back then." I tried to retrieve my mother's face from my memory, but couldn't find it. "Well, unfortunately, we both loved her and wanted her but he took her from me. He was a real jackass of a friend." his voice began to change tone. "But that's not all he did.

"After high school and we went to college we were still on good terms but everything became a competition between us. We always tried to be better than each other but your father actually became Commander instead of me in the agency. He stole my dreams and he cheated!" he yelled furiously.

"He didn't cheat. He was just better." I say in defense of my now gone father.

"Oh please. I had more talent then him in my pinkie." he snickered back.

"And I'm the one with the big ego." I mumbled loud enough for him to hear and rolled my eyes.

He huffed out a breath. "So to narrow it down he took the woman I loved and my job. By the time I really saw he was ruining my life, he had already gotten children. So I needed to get rid of them so no one especially from Parks blood would ever steal anything from me again." he finished firmly.

"But you didn't get to me?" I say getting it all together.

"By the time the police came I didn't get to you. So I played as if I were an officer. I was na gaent, just not on duty at the moment. The only way to make it look like I wasn't about to kill you, I took you in." he expounded.

"Then why not kill me while I was under your own roof?" I asked sincerely puzzled.

"Because they'd know I was the one that killed you then I'd be put in jail. I worked too hard to get my job." he said pointing his finger at me.

"You killed someone to get that job." I shouted flaring my arms out.

"Shut up," he said sternly. "Where was I? Oh right. I took you under my wing but I didn't actually think you'd be good at being an agent and to my distaste, you were. So I tried getting rid of you indirectly but these idiots ruined it." he pointed a finger back at Gen and Jeremy.

"Hold on, you put your own daughter up to that?" I asked baffled.

"Oh please with the daughter crap. I never got married. I sat her up to tell you that." he told me as if I was a child.

"It's true." Genevieve steps in.

"But liking you wasn't an act." Jeremy said.

"Well trying to kill me isn't really a turn on you know." I say irritated.

"After that mission we waited a few months till I broke them out which was the plan when everything with Harry frickin' Styles calmed down. Then we sprung at it and found every person you put in jail," he motioned his hand at the crowd of thieves, smugglers, murderers, and other criminals, "in the agency database which made it easier for me."

"You did all that just because my dad was better than you?" I state as if I were talking to 5 year old.

"You wouldn't get it. But you don't need to." he pulled out gun from a pocket.

Shit.

"Now hopefully it'll be quick, for you. For me, I'd rather have you have a very slow and treachorous death." he says touching the gun's plastic covering ever so delicately. "But that's on nature's part."

I began to back away from him as he monologued as he always did. I kept remembering that this statue was at least 100 feet tall. This time I had no plan, no weapon, no idea. Just have to wing it.

"And to think I've been waiting for this moment for about 18 years." he chuckled again evilly and stepped closer.

I stepped back but looked back to not fall. "Watch out princess." he said holding the gun with a tight grin.

I watched his every move attentively as I was on the edge. "Don't want to make a wrong step." he now held the gun up with a finger on a trigger. "Don't want to end up like the rest of your family." he pulled the trigger. Now or never. All I saw was my life flash before my eyes every memory, criminal, loss. Everything. As if in slow motion, I saw the bullet sky rocket right above my face.

But now, I was plummitting to my certain death.

"What are you gonna do?" Gen said.

"She'll die either way. Now I'm not blamed." Commander chuckled.

This was the end.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: You all probably hate me. I bet you didn't see that coming. I feel like a boss because I didn't see that coming and I wrote it. This part is in honor of my best friend Marry who's a big fan of the book and I know it's late but happy bday! But what do you think?