CHAPTER 3 |

You awoke on something soft, which confused you. Your eyes flitted open and you could immediately feel the bruise that formed around your neck. You were laid on what felt like a bed, but you weren't in your quarters, you were in Bucky's.

You sat up, wincing as your neck retracted and the swelling continued. Your vision was a bit blurry, but you could make out the shape of Bucky's large physique striding over to you. You were once again met with the pools of blue. They were glazed over, almost as of all his sadness was trapped behind them.

He didn't say anything, and his face stayed expressionless, but you could somehow tell he was concerned about you. You wondered if he was okay too, after all the nightmares. Almost as if he heard your thought process, he finally spoke up.

"Why were you in here?"

You shifted your position "I'm the guard for your quarters. You were having a nightmare, you were screaming, I wanted to see if you were okay."

He knit his brows "Why do you care? No one else here seems to."

You shrug "I guess I'm different."

His eyes examined you for a minute, his face dropped when he landed on your neck. He looked down at his arm then back up at you.
"I'm sorry.....I can't control it."

"It'll be okay, I know you can't." You suddenly remembered something "If you don't mind me asking, why aren't they wiping you? I used to stand guard at the room they took you into."

He gulped at the mention of it "I don't know, probably some sort of training or experiment. Whatever it is, it's messing with my head. I feel bad for hurting you. I'd never feel remorse like I do now. I'm starting to....feel again."

"It's okay to feel, Bucky." You reach to put your hand on his shoulder but he grabs your wrist.

"I am not Bucky." he said bitterly. He let go of your wrist immediately and apologized. It was like he couldn't stop himself.

You were about to correct him when a voice interjects from your small walkie talkie . "Guard 45, your shift is over." You sighed and got up, pulling the turtle neck of  your uniform over the bruises on your neck. "I'll show you, you are Bucky."

"I'll be back tomorrow." You say as you wave and walk out the door.