CHAPTER 19 |

This song is super cute and I thought it went well with this chapter! Enjoy with or without it :)

The night progressed, and soon it was time to clear out. Although Bucky was your guardian, you became more responsible for him with each drink he drank. He wasn't completely drunk, but he was quite tipsy. You and Steve balanced him, each of you one arm, before you stepped into your car. "Thanks Stevie" you said before he waved goodbye as you drove off.

The car was silent for most of the ride home, but not uncomfortable, until Bucky spoke up. "Hey doll?" He started, his words slurring ever so slightly. You hummed in response "You know how you called me your guardian angel?" You recalled the joke you made the other day "Yeah?" You asked, wondering where this was going. "I feel like, since you saved me first, you're my guardian angel," he said "That's going to be your new name, angel"

You chuckled "Alright Bucky." You smiled at the new nickname.

You got back to the tower and helped Bucky inside, managing to get all the way to his room. "Thank you for a great night, doll." He said in a husky voice. He turned around to look at you, his blue eyes sleepy yet tantalizing. His lips were upturned in a permanent smile. "No Bucky, thank you. I haven't had that much fun in a while." You smiled back. There was a silence in between you, and Bucky closed the gap, suddenly pulling you closer. He looked more alert now than he did seconds ago. You both took steady breaths as you stood outside his door. You moved both of your hands towards his, intertwining your fingers with his. His metal hand twitched away from you before he relaxed it, the metal shifting at contact.

You stayed like that for a while before he pressed his forehead to yours "Thank you, Y/N. You saved me" he started, his voice lower than ever "You gave me something to believe in." You looked into his eyes more, smiling softly "Really Bucky, I think you've repaid me enough."

"Not enough, yet." He said as he unclasped his right hand from yours and moved it to the back of your neck, finally connecting his lips to yours. The kiss was needy and passionate and full of love. You moved your hands up to his neck to deepen it, and his rested on your waist. You parted after a few short minutes and you looked away bashfully. "That was-" you began "Long overdue" he finished

"Stay with me tonight, doll." He whispered "You make it easier to sleep."

"Of course." You told him, entering his room and grabbing one of his thinner sweaters before going into the bathroom, taking off your dress and changing into it. You washed your makeup off as well as you could. You draped your dress of the back of a chair and took off your earrings along with your shoes. When you got back, Bucky was already sprawled out under the covers, asleep. You chuckled softly, nestling under the covers. He shuffled and kissed you once more, taking you by surprise. "Goodnight angel" he said sleepily before pulling you close to him and falling into a deep sleep.

--------

FLUFF! Was this too much?? I don't want anything to happen too fast but I just realized it's an x reader and there needed to be some x reader stuff in here. Thanks for reading and don't be afraid to comment!

Em x