unexpected

Calvin

I look at her, trying to stay calm. I refused to let paranoia get to me and so I switched gears. If she wasn't going to get us out of here I guess I would. "Get up", I said gritting my teeth.

   She looked me up and down like I said something crazy, and then got up and said, " Lead the way pretty-boy".

  Her blue eyes pierced me, and an eye brow slowly arches towards her hair line. The silence stretching between us becomes excruciating.

 " Are you going to move or, are you just going to stand there like a tree?," she asks. 

  I begin to walk  towards the direction we came from, she slowly falls in step with me. We were walking peacefully for a couple minuets, before she began to ask question.

"Who are you?", she asks innocently.

" Non of your business," I replied. 

    Right before we turned the corner, she pivots, walks backward and snags the shirt of some kid with bloodshot eyes. She drags him with her, forcing him to her level. "I saw you sneak out of my house last night, my sister may not be the smartest piece of work but she definitely does not deserve a scumbag like you. Last time I'm telling you, stay the hell away from her" .

She releases him with a shove, then resumes walking forward.

"Sorry, had to deal with trash. As I was saying you really shouldn't hang out around here". 

She think this place is bad? How cute. If only she knew what I was.

"You know, you're kind of scary," I say jokingly.

    we come to familiar grounds, and she confirms my thought when she says," I know the way from here, the party was a couple of blocks that way", she points straight. " It should be just around that corner".

   Her phone vibrates and she takes it out, texting back instantaneously.

"Are you a drug dealer or something", I ask jokingly 

"Maybe," she pauses. " Why, you want me to hook you up?".

  Its hard to tell whether shes joking or not. After a moment she begins to laugh.

                                                                         " I'm kidding, kind of," what the hell does that mean.

"So, you are a drug dealer?"

"Maybe, but I kind of like this fairy godmother, guardian angel bullshit, plus oddly enough I believe in karma" she pauses, "Turn left at the next corner and keep going straight".

I take a moment to think, "What", I ask, not understanding her. 
                                                                "The direction to your car, dumb-ass"

Fiesty little thing. I decide to ignore her remark.

"One last good deed, before I return to mild-mannered drug dealer ," she says laughing.

   I check my phone to see what time it is, but its dead. I look up to see her walking off. 

                                                                            "Hey",I yell.

she continues walking, pauses and turns back.

"Pretty-boy, it hasn't even been a minuet, need rescuing already?" She mocks, a smug smile making its way to her lips.