Chapter 10 - Heaven's Bliss

The rest of the weekend were like a dream for both Richard and Maine. Early Sunday morning, Richard went to Maine's house and brought breakfast. He tried to balance the coffee, latte, hot chocolate and tea on his left hand, while he was holding a brown paper bag on his left hand.

Maine was awoken by the knock on her door. She was still sleepy and was wondering who would pay her a visit on this early Sunday morning. She was contemplating on ignoring the knock on the door but because of the consistent knock, she gave in and walked out of her room towards the door.

When she opened the door, she was so surprised to see Richard beaming at her.

"Good Morning Love!" Richard greeted her cheerily. "I brought you breakfast." While he was showing her his two hands.

Maine was surprised, pleasantly surprised and spoke "Good Morning, Richard." Then she smiled. She then invited Richard inside her house and they went straight to the kitchen. Richard, then placed the food and coffee on top of the kitchen counter and approached Maine. He immediately encircled Maine on her waist and was about to kiss her on the mouth. Maine seeing what Richard wanted to do, immediately covered her mouth while say, "Morning breathe."

Richard, just shook his head and removed Maine's hand from her mouth, and give her a quick peck on her lips. "I don't care. You smell divine." And he again kissed her on the lips, this time a longer one. Maine felt a tingling sensation and kissed him back. After a least 3 more kisses, Richard let go Maine and said, "As much as I wanted to kiss you the whole day, I also know you're hungry." He then showed her what she brought.

"I don't know what you prefer for a morning drink, so I bought you coffee, latte, tea and hot chocolate." He said sweetly.

"Coffee please." She answered.

"Also, I cooked breakfast for you." "I don't know what you have for breakfast, so I prepared something that I like to have." He added. Richard then showed the fried rice, scrambled egg, bacon, and hotdog. He was smiling all the time showing off his cute deep dimples.

Maine was so touched with the gesture that she was already beaming from ear to ear. She approached Richard, and placed her arms on his shoulder. "How luck am I to have you." she quipped.

"Love, I'm luckier to have you!" he said.

"Love?" she asked but she's feels electricity running thru her veins when she heard it again.

"Yes, Love. That's what I will call you." He answered with a wide smile plastered across his face. "I Love you! Thank you for coming into my life." He then again hugged her and kissed her neck and then her lips.

Maine was speechless and just kissed him back with all the feelings she cannot put into words.

Afterwards, Maine went to her room to wash her face and comb her hair. When she went back to the kitchen, Richard already set up the table and they were ready to eat. Richard then pointed to the chair beside him indicating where she will seat.

After breakfast, they decided to spend the whole day together. But since both of them doesn't want to go out, they agreed to just stay at her home and do movie marathon. They have popcorn and soda to accompany them. They decided to watch chick flick movies. Richard placed his arms on Maine's shoulder while Maine rested her head on his chest. The whole afternoon, Richard stole kisses from Maine here and there. Maine will then pretend to be surprised or offended and often slap Richard in his arms or shoulders. But she will immediately hug him and kiss the part she slapped. They ordered pizza for dinner and ate in front of the TV. At around 9:30 PM, Richard felt that Maine's head was getting heavier and she's not responding to his banter and teasing. When she looked at the beauty beside him, he saw that her eyes are not closed. She already fell asleep. Richard slowly shifted so he was able to carry her to her room. He placed her gently on the bed and tucked her in. He sat beside her for a while and was just contented looking at her. At around 10PM, he then kissed her on her lips and then on her forehead and went out of her room. He cleared the food they have consumed and afterwards went home.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The next 3 weeks went on smoothly, Richard usually goes down to the restaurant on a mid-day to see her. They will either have brunch or he will just bring her flowers or bring something else to make an excuse to see her and kiss her before return to work. On days, when they can't see each other, they talk on the phone at night until they fall asleep. During weekends, they usually spend time together hanging out, making out, and visiting places near Manhattan. The past 3 weeks went on a bliss. They were both inspired and always seen smiling.

On a Tuesday, Maine then received a text from her mother reminding her of the family dinner that were planned 3 weeks ago. She almost totally forgot it. As soon as Richard picked her up on a Tuesday morning, she immediately told him about it.

"I will be going to New Jersey tomorrow." She said.

"New Jersey? Why?" he asked looking straight at her.

"My parents just came back from a business travel, and they wanted to have dinner together on our house." She said pointedly.

"When will you be back?"

"I will be back Saturday morning."

With a sigh, he said "I won't see you for 3 days. What will I do then?"

"Love, its only 3 days, I will be back before you know it."

"I will miss you. I am already missing you." Looking at her with those puppy eyes.

Maine then leaned to her left and kissed him on his lips. "I'll miss you too." Then she hugged him.

"But, don't worry, I will call you on the afternoon and evening."

He just nodded and reached for her hand and hold it until they arrived at her work.

When they arrived outside the restaurant, he went down and assisted her as she goes out of the car. He then walked her to the restaurant's entrance.

"You're already late for your meeting." She pointed out.

He knows that he is, but he refused to let her go in still. "I will miss you." And he hugged her.

"Hey, I will be back. I promise."

He again nodded and kissed her fully on her lips.

"I love you! Take care okay." "I'll see you Friday night."

"I will, I promise. I love you too!" and she kissed her lightly on the lips. "Now go. You're already terribly late." "I will call you before I leave tonight and when I arrived there." She promised.

"Okay. Bye." He kissed him once more and off he went.