Chapter 16 - Heartbroken

Hi Guys,

This is just a short update. Sorry, I've been busy with work eh. So medyo natagalan before yung update.

Again, thank you to all those who gives some time in reading my story. Sencia na if the last 2 chapters keeps you hanging. hehehe... para naman merong thrill diba.

Anyways, we are nearing the end. 3 more chapters and then an epilogue then we are done. Hopefully, you guys are enjoying this one. Also, I would like to request for your support. I am planning to write another story. I already have the plot and some possible scenes, hope you'll support it too. No title yet eh. hehehe.

Again, thank you to everyone. Just hold on to this story.

Sincerely,

Pammy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following day, Maine decided to go to the restaurant to file a leave of absence from work. As she was walking towards the L' Hexagon de Clover. On her way, she saw Richard enter a café. She discreetly followed him hoping to at least see him before she leaves the city. When she entered the café she immediately located him. She took a table at the far side of the café where she has a good view of Richard but she also made sure that Richard won't be able to see her.

Maine saw Richard sat at one of the coaches at the café and he seems like was waiting for someone. He was yet to settle down when a lady approached him. Richard stood up and kissed the lady in her cheeks. They then sat down beside each other and called for the waiter. Maine then saw that the Richard placed his arm over the lady's shoulder while the lady leaned her head to Richard's shoulder. They were laughing and seems like they were really comfortable with each other. They are laughing and seems like they are so sweet.

Upon seeing this, Maine felt her heart constrict with the pain of seeing Richard with another woman. She wanted to go out of the café and just leave but at the same time she is currently rooted to the chair she chose. Her eyes were already brimming with tears but she tried to stop it as she was still looking at Richard. After a few minutes, the lady companion of Richard stood up and walk towards Maine's direction.

The woman's phone rang which prompted her to answer it while she was walking to Maine's direction. As she pass by Maine the lady was talking over the phone.

"Yes, I'm with Richard." the lady said.

The lady then entered the powder room near where Maine was seated. It was then that same moment that Maine was galvanized to action and opted to follow the lady.

When she entered the powder room, she heard the lady again talking.

"He asked me to stay, so of course I will. I love Richard far too much not to do what he asks me to. If I have to stay here for good, then I will. You do know that."

For a minute, the lady stopped speaking and seemed to be listening the person she's talking to. Then she again spoke.

"Yes, I'm sure he will be proposing tomorrow. And I will make sure that before the night ends he will be engaged. I love him too much to see him broken you know."

"Okay, I will see you tonight too. You will be there as well right?"

"Okay, see you tonight. This is it! I can feel it already. Bye." The voice from one of the cubicles said.

Maine was listening intently on the woman's conversation and every word she heard breaks her heart even further. When she heard that the cubicle was opening, she immediately went to the other cubicle to hide. While inside she covered her mouth as she was on the verge of crying. When she heard the door of the powder room opened and then closed, she then removed her hands on her mouth and started crying.

After about 15 minutes, Maine decided to go out of the powder room. She was already heart broken and wanted to just bury herself in her apartment to cry her heart out. When she got out, her eyes immediately went to the spot where Richard was seated earlier. She saw that it was now empty and Richard and his companion was nowhere to be seen at the café.

Maine then went to L' Hexagon de Clover to do what she has to do. After informing the head chef of her plan to go on prolonged leave, she then went out of the restaurant. She continued to walk aimlessly along Manhattan. She didn't realized that she ended up back at the rooftop of L' Hexagon de Clover. As she walk to one of the benches, she didn't realized that she was not alone.

Richard saw Maine walk towards the one of the benches so he immediately approach her. He was not able to stop himself that when he was near enough he immediately enveloped Maine to his embrace. Richard placed his left arm on Maine's waist while his right hand holds the back of her head. Richard placed his head on her neck while he speaks "I miss you. I miss you so much, Love."

Maine was surprised with Richard's presence that she was not able to react immediately with the embrace. But after a minute, she attempted to disentangle herself from Richard's arms. She was struggling to step away from him but Richard is holding on to her tightly. Finally she successfully removed herself from his embrace, but Richard was still so near her.

"Please, leave me alone." Maine said.

"No. I can't. I love you so much." Richard said.

When Maine heard it, she slapped Richard's face. "How dare you say that to me?!" Maine was so angry with Richard that she's turning red.

Richard was so shocked with the slapped he received but at the same time was confused with Maine's attitude. "I do love you. So much. Please believe me."

"You're a liar. How can you say that you love me when you have another girlfriend?" she spat.

"What are you talking about? I don't have any other girlfriend. You're the only woman in my life."

"You can't fool me anymore. I saw it with my own two eyes."

"You're mistaken. I don't understand what you're saying. I love you and I won't hurt you." Richard is already begging.

"Oh, so now I'm the one who doesn't understand. How convenient for you." She then continued. "I saw you earlier today, at the café. You seemed so happy with your girlfriend." She said. She tried to hold on to her tears, but she can't help it anymore.

Richard then understand what Maine was talking about and he can't wait to explain. But before he can speak Maine then spoke again.

"Haven't you hurt me enough? You played with my heart. You made me believe that you do love me but what did I learned. It was less than 2 days since we broke up and you already got a new girlfriend." She said while she was crying.

"Please let me explain, Maine. Just please listen to me." Richard continues to beg.

"Enough Richard. Can't you see, you're hurting me more with all of your lies. I thought you were different and that you truly love me. But I was a fool to believe you. Please just leave me alone." And with that, Maine headed for the elevator and walked away from Richard.