Chapter 7 - First Date

When the clock strikes seven o'clock Maine is still frantic in finding a more comfortable clothes for her date. She again remembered the note of Richard and she immediately smiled to herself. She can't keep the giddiness she's feeling at the moment.

"What should I wear?" she asked herself while standing in front of her full-length mirror.

"I said nothing too fancy, right? I didn't even asked where we will be going. What was I thinking?" She was now clueless as to what she will do. She was tempted to call on Patricia and ask for her advice but decided against it. She remembered that Patricia is still on duty tonight at L' Hexagone de Clover. She can't disturb her at the moment as she's sure that she's busy in the kitchen.

After trying at least 5 sets of different clothes, she chose a black soft jeans, an off-shoulder pink knitted blouse and a black crocheted knitted jacket. She also decided on wearing flats to complete her wardrobe. She did a half French braid on hair and she applied soft make-up. She glanced again at the clock, and saw that it's already 8PM, and she's supposed to meet Richard at eight-thirty outside of the restaurant. She gathered her bag and was about to make her way out of your room when her doorbell rang.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Richard was pacing back and forth in front of L'Grant Madison Condominium for the past hour. He have set the perfect date for Maine. Well, he hope that it will be perfect. He set up a simple dinner picnic one of the gazeebos in Central Park overlooking the city lights.

He went to L' Hexagone de Clover and asked the manager for Maine's address. The manager at the start didn't want to give the Maine's address but at the same time he knows that Richard and Maine have a date. Richard then explained to the manager that he just wanted to go and pick up Maine to surprise her for their date. Upon hearing this, he agreed to give him the address.

Richard bought a dozen of yellow long-stemmed roses on his way to Maine's place. He was trying to double check all of the details for tonight's event and was satisfied with what he planned. He just wish that everything will be perfect. His giddiness and excitement was every evident that he can't help but smile while he was driving. And now that he's here, he is now nervous. At 8:00 he went up to Maine's unit and rang her doorbell.

Maine opened the door and was surprised to see Richard smiling at her. She was speechless for about half a minute before speaking.

"Richard, what are you doing here?"

Richard stopped breathing for a few seconds when his eyes falls in her face. "Good Evening Maine!" He reached out for her hand and kissed the back of it. He quickly added "Flowers for you."

"Thank you. You shouldn't have bothered. They're beautiful."

"You're more beautiful. These don't stand a chance." he thought. He didn't realized that he said it out loud.

"Again, thank you." she replied.

"Let's go?" at the same time, he offered his arm to assist her.

Maine was still blushing with his last statement. But she accepted his pre-offered hand and closed the door. He immediately asked for the key to lock the unit. Afterwards, they head for the elevator.

At the elevator, the electricity between them was palpable. Their arms brushed each other and a tingling sensation were felt by both. It was a good thing that the elevator seems to be fast tonight. Before anyone of them can say anything, the elevator reached the lobby. They stepped out of the building and Richard assisted Maine to his car. He opened the door for her and smiled. Once they have settled, Richard started to drive.