Chapter 14 - The Critic

Hello Everyone!

First, I would like to thank you all for taking the time to read story. This is my first attempt to write a short story and I am just thankful that there are a lot of people who choose to read it. I apologize for some of the incorrect grammar and spellings on my story. Sometimes even if I do proof read, there are still some things that my eyes fails to notice. So again, I apologize.

So, we are nearing the end of this story. A few more chapters and I will be done. Hopefully the ending I have in my mind will live up to your expectations. :-)

If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to drop me a message here. I won't promise to be able to include what you suggest, but if it matches the plot I am trying to achieve then more or less I can include it.

Again, thank you for reading. Hold on to the ending...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You know him Dad? What how can you say that to him?" Maine asked.

"Unfortunately yes. And believe me, it's better for you to forget him. He will just hurt you again."

"Hurt me? What do you mean?"

"Excuse me Sir. But I have not met you before and I have no intention to hurt your daughter. She is as precious to me as she is to you."

"Really?!? Are you sure about that?"

"Yes Sir. I love her with all my heart. And I will do everything to for her." Richard then answered.

"Well, does L' Cove Restaurant ring a bell to you?" Theodore then said.

Maine is puzzled with what her father is saying. What does L' Cove Restaurant has to do with Richard. She then turned to her father and asked "What does L' Cove Restaurant has to do with all this?"

Richard then tried to remember, the name does sound familiar. And then it strike him like a lightning. It was the same restaurant he wrote on some bad reviews some 5 years ago. Because of his article, he was then became more recognized in the world of foods and restaurants, but the downside was the restaurant then closed down. He also heard that some of its employees then had a hard time looking for another job. However, he still can't understand the connection to their current predicament. He then turned to Maine's dad and asked, "Yes, I remember it. But what does it have to do with us?"

"Dad, L' Cove has been closed for 5 years." Maine then pointed out.

"Yes, and it's all because of him." Theodore said while pointing his finger to Richard.

"Dad, I think you're mistaken. The restaurant did close because of me. It's my fault." Maine then said.

"Oh, no, no, no, no! It's not because of you darling. It's because of him!" he is now beyond angry. "I don't know why he introduced himself as Richard to you, but as far as my investigations go, he is "Alden Richards"!.

Maine, then turned to Richard to look at him and then back at his father. "Dad, you're mistaken. I assure you."

"I am not mistaken. Why don't you asked him?"

Maine then turned her whole attention to Richard and spoke, "Please tell me my dad is mistaken." She is now feeling weak. And her eyes is now close to tears.

"Maine, let me explain. This is just all a misunderstanding." Richard started to say as she reach out to hold Maine.

"Don't touch me. Misunderstanding? Are you or are you not 'Alden Richards'? Answer me." She said and is now crying silently.