Chapter 9 - Destiny

The week went by fast. Maine was so busy in the kitchen that she didn't realized it's already Friday. She only realized that it's almost weekend, when a bouquet of red roses were handed to her by the manager. Once she received it, a huge smile spread across her face. She reached for a card and was excited to read the message but upon opening it the card was blank. No message, which left her puzzled. She was sure that the flowers came from Richard, but she still wants affirmation that it indeed came from him. She then went to the chef's office to deposit the flowers for safe-keeping. When she was about to go back to the kitchen, her phone vibrated as a message was received. She hoped that the message is from Richard as she haven't heard from him since Tuesday. He told her that he will be on business travel for the next 3 days and will be back on Friday.

To: Maine

From: Richard

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

Sunrise's beauty is incomparable

And so are you.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

At exactly 7 PM, Richard knocked on the door. He had prepared a romantic candle light dinner at the rooftop of their hotel for their second date. Tonight, he will ask Maine if she's the girl in her past.

When Maine opened the door, Richard was mesmerized with the beauty that bestowed his eyes. He forgot to breathe for a while and was speechless. Maine was wearing a knee-length black haltered dress and stilettos. She has light make-up and her hair is left down with its end a little curly. She smiled at him and greeted him.

Richard then realized that his mouth was open and he immediately closed it. "Wow! You're beautiful." He took her hand and kissed the back of it. "Good Evening, Maine." Richard then gave a dozen of carnation to Maine. "For you."

"Hi!" She said. Maine was blushing as she saw the Adonis in front of him. He was wearing a while long sleeve with black coat minus the tie. His hair was brushed to the side but it still has bounce when the wind touches it. Wow, he looks so handsome, Maine thought. "Thank you for these. Their lovely."

They smiled at each other for a minute. Richard then said, "Are you ready?"

"Wait, give me 2 minutes, I just need to get my purse."

After 2 minutes, Maine came out and Richard hold her hand until they reached his car. He opened the door for her and immediately went to the driver's side. When he put on his seat belt, he turned to Maine and asked, "Ready?" Maine nodded and then asked "So where are we going now?" Richard then gave her a mischievous smile and replied, "You'll see." And they drove off.

After about 30 minutes they arrived at the hotel. Richard immediately went down. Before Maine can even reach for the door's handle, Richard was already opening it for her. He extended his hand to assist her. When Maine alighted the car, Richard didn't let go of her hand. Instead, he held on to her and started to walk towards the entrance. When they reached the hotel's entrance everyone greeted Richard. The manager of the hotel immediately approached them and said, "Good Evening Sir Richard." The manager then turned to the lady that is being escorted by their boss and said "Good Evening, Madame! Welcome to L' Hexagon de Paris."

"Good Evening, Walter. I would like you to meet 'Ms. Nico Maine Mendoza'." Then he turned to Maine, "Maine, this is Walter, the hotel's manager.

"Good Evening, Sir." Maine quipped.

Walter smiled and nodded to acknowledge Maine. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

He then turned to Richard and said, "Sir, the set-up is complete."