Chapter 18 - The Pact

Hi Guys,

Coz I know I kept you hanging for 1 week. I will be giving you another update. Medyo nagkaron ng time magsulat eh. So here's another chapter. Enjoy everyone. Again, do let me know your thoughts...

Again, please support my new story as well entitled "Doctor's Order"

Thank you,
Pam

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard is now seated at one of the benches in the garden of L' Hexagon de Clover Hotel. He was agitated as he knows that Maine is already inside the Lancaster Room. He badly wanted to go inside and be the one to explain to Maine everything but his family as well as Maine's parents insisted that it's better if they will be the one to do the explaining first. Instead they asked him to just prepare his surprise for Maine in the garden. Now he's waiting for Maine to walk into the garden and he feels so nervous. He then again run through his plan once Maine walks out from the glass doors across where he is seated. When he was finally was satisfied with everything, he settled down and his mind again went to the event that transpired to this night. He remembered the time he learned that he was Maine's fiancé. He learned yesterday when he went to the office of Maine's father.

Flashback.....

Richard was about to leave the office of Theodore Mendoza when his father entered the room.

"Richard?!?" the man spoke.

"Dad?!? Richard said.

"What are you doing here?" they said at the same time. Before they can both answered the man walked towards Theodore Mendoza and Richard.

"You know each other?" Theodore said.

"Theo. Hello to you too!" the man said while stretching his right hand for a handshake. Theodore then reach for it to shake it as well.

"Of course I know him. His my youngest son. The one I've been telling you about. Richard Faulkerson Jr."

"He's your son? Your junior?" Theodore said.

"Yes. The one and only." he declared proudly. When his friend didn't spoke, he then continued. "He's my junior. Look at his face. We looked alike, doesn't we?"

Theodore then looked from father to son and he now realized the resemblance. Yes, they do look like to peas on a pond. Except that his friends looks the older version.

"RJ, son I asked you what are you doing here?" Richard's father asked him.

"Well, that it's actually rather a long story." Richard then responded. "How about you, what are you doing here? And how did you know Mr. Mendoza?"

"Theodore, well we've been friends since college and we are business partners." Richard's father responded.

"So you're here to talk about business?" Richard then asked.

"Actually not. It's a long story as well. But it's good that you're here. At least we can proceed to discuss the wedding." He said a matter-of-factly.

"Wedding? What wedding?" Richard then asked.

Before Richard Sr. can speak, Theodore cut him. "He's the son you're referring to? That one that will marry my daughter?"

"Yes. He's the one and only. You do know that I only have 2 sons, and my eldest is already married." He was beaming with pride. When he looked at the faces of his friend Theodore to his son Richard, he was puzzled. "Wait, am I missing something here? Is there a problem Theodore?"

Richard cut Theodore off. "No, there's no problem. I agree to this wedding. We can do it as soon as possible." Richard is already smiling face to face. He feels that a big burden was lifted from his heart. Finally the gods are siding with him.