Chapter Seven

1500 A.D.

"Your Grace." The striking girl before me curtsied. The dangerous and foreboding aura that surrounded her overwhelmed my senses. I was horrified at her respectful gesture. I fell to my knees before her and grasped her hand. Dahlia, the Unseelie Queen, stood behind her grinning wickedly. She reveled in the amount of power the girl had before us.

I kissed her hand and said, "No, Mayarial, it is I who should be addressing you in such a manner. Do not ever bow to me, please."

The Siren Queen smiled slowly and nodded in agreement. Her eyes were swirling with chocolate and silver ribbons, snowflakes hovered over her pale blonde hair, her creamy complexion was perfect, and the icy wings that stretched outwards from her back enchanted me. Her gown was embedded in thousands of chipped diamonds. She was fierce.

"You are the most remarkable creature I have ever beheld." I whispered in awe of her. Luckily, my mother hadn't accompanied her.

A faint blush colored her lovely cheeks. She took my hands and pulled me to my feet. I realized she was embarrassed by my compliment. Her voice was kind, "I have come not only to meet you properly, but to ask a favor of you."

"A favor of me?" I repeated, stunned. "Anything, Your Grace."

"I know what is expected of me. I have been informed of my Fate. However, I have realized that I am not the Ice Queen just yet. I'm too weak and too naïve. I cannot lead anyone into war. I thought that experiencing more would help me, but it has not. I am already molded, but if I were to be reborn as a human and live as them, I could perhaps become stronger. Humans are thrust into difficult situations daily." She said firmly.

"Does Artemisia know of your decision?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

She chuckled, "I have talked to numerous Atlantean deities with my offer and I have been refused."

"Refused? Are they mad?" I exclaimed.

"They respect my offer and my position, but they fear Artemisia's wrath. Every one of them suggested I ask you."

I grinned at the thought of my rebellious reputation. "Did they? Well, even if I weren't Artemisia's son I would still oblige you, being my Siren Queen of course."

"I like you, Alduin. You have a fearless attitude that no other deity possesses." She smirked.

I chuckled low in my throat. "Remember that when you endure all that you will as a human. After all, you volunteered." She nodded and took my hand. I ignored the icy pain searing my hand and led her to a secluded place in my palace to begin the rebirthing process.

***

1500 AD

Alduin will barely speak to me. It's like he's disgusted with me. Or maybe himself. It made living with Klaus and Cael all that much harder. The Fates' prophecy was beginning for them and I was to make certain that their friendship thrived. That meant I also had to report to Alduin with their progress.

I have to pretend that I don't know Klaus. But all I feel for my once 'brother' is anger. I want to throttle his thick muscled neck and blame him. But I cannot. I have to sit here and guide him in his journey with Cael for the greater good. It was his fault Alduin left me and has seen me only to ask of my Watching and send me on minor assignments. Now we speak more frequently to discuss Klaus' progress. But nothing more, never anything more than my duties.