Chapter 11

Sans' POV:

When I went to bed last night, I couldn't sleep. All I could do was wonder if (y/n) was ok. I wanted to go and check up on her but she probably needed her rest. I tossed and turned for hours, I eventually got myself to sleep. I had a weird dream. I saw (y/n) walking towards that figure from inside her mind. The figure was holding out a hand for (y/n).

"(Y/N)! NO DON'T DO IT!"

She couldn't hear me and took the figures hand. No sooner than she did the figure was absorbed into her body and she fell. I went to go help her up but, as soon as I was about 10 feet away I realized it wasn't her anymore. She had the same glowing red eyes as the figure and had a knife. She looked at me and let out an evil sounding laugh.

"Oh sansy! You really are STUPID! You can't protect her forever. She'll eventually give in to me and I will finally have my revenge!"

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU BOTHERING HER!? SHE DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE HARASSED LIKE THIS!"

"I wouldn't really call it harassment. I'm just helping her fulfill her destiny. She needs me, without my help you'll all be stuck in this hell hole forever."

"But you almost killed her today! Why would we ever trust you?"

"Well you see sans, the thing is I was gonna kill her but she is useful to me. But then again, why prolong the inevitable? Her death is but a small price to pay for the freedom of monster kind is it not?"

"NO IT'S NOT! YOU'RE THE STUPID ONE IF YOU THINK I'M JUST GONNA SIT AROUND AND WATCH YOU DO THIS TO HER! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR SHIT, AND I WILL PROTECT HER FOREVER!"

I went at her with everything I had but she dodged it all. She slashed at me with her knife and missed. She came at me again with her knife and plunged it into my chest.

"Night night little sansy! Our next encounter won't last as long!"

AGGHHHHH!

I woke up screaming. Red tears stained my face, papyrus ran into my room and saw me with my knees up to my chest rocking back and forth on my bed.

"SANS, IS EVERYTHING ALRIGHT?"

I was mumbling though my sobbing.

"I couldn't save her! I- I- I couldn't I-"

"SANS! GET AHOLD IF YOURSELF MAN! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!?"

Pap's started shaking me violently by the shoulders. I looked up at him tears still falling. I wasn't sure what to tell him, or even if I should tell him at all.

"P- Pap's, I- I couldn't save her! I couldn't save (y/n) she, she-"

"NORMALLY I WOULD TELL YOU TO SHUT UP AND SUCK IT UP, BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU CRY LIKE THIS OVER SOMEONE BEFORE. YOU NEED TO STAY IN BED AND REST, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE BEEN TO LITERAL HELL AND BACK."

"But, but Pap's I told her I would go see her today!"

"DO NOT WORRY, I WILL CHECK UP ON HER BEFORE GOING TO SEE UNDYNE. I WILL BRING FLOWEY WITH ME AND LEAVE HIM THERE WITH HER. SHE WILL BE FINE SANS."

"Heh, thanks Pap's."

Papyrus' POV:

AFTER I LEFT SANS' ROOM, I GRABBED THE FLOWER AND HEADED FOR ALPHYS' LAB. ALPHYS LEAD ME TO WHERE (Y/N) WAS AND I GAVE HER FLOWEY AND A PLATE OF MY FINEST RAVIOLI. SHE LOOKED HAPPY TO SEE US BUT, HER SMILE DISAPPEARED WHEN SHE SAW SANS WASN'T WITH US.

"Where's sans?"

THE FLOWER LOOKED AT ME WITH A STERN FACE. HE MADE A SLASHING MOTION ACROSS HIS STEM. HE DIDN'T WANT ME TO GET (Y/N) WORRIED ABOUT SANS. SHE WAS UNDER ENOUGH STRESS ALREADY.

"UMMMM, WELL, SANS HAD TO WORK EARLIER THAN HE THOUGHT THIS MORNING SO HE COULDN'T MAKE IT. BUT HE WILL COME TOMORROW FOR SURE."

"Oh, alright. Well, tell him I love him and miss him."

"OK, WELL I'VE GOT TO GET GOING. UNDYNE HATES IT WHEN I'M LATE. SEE YOU LATER."

"Bye papyrus."

Flowey's POV:

(Y/n) looked really sad that sans didn't come to see her. But I suggested that we watch some TV.

"Oh alright flowey. Hey maybe Alphys wants to watch some animé with us!"

"Well, she should be coming to check up on you soon. You can ask her then."

It was only seconds after I said that, when Alphys came around the corner.

"Hey (y/n) how are you feeling today? Oh hello flowey."

"Hey Alphys I'm feeling great. Wanna watch some animé with flowey and I?"

"Uhhh, usually I would say yes. But can I borrow flowey for a minute? I need some help with something."

"Wanna help Alphys flowey?"

"Sure, why not."

Alphys picked me up and turned the TV on for (y/n). She took me into her office and sat down in front of her computer, she put me on the desk beside her. She had a series of notes opened on the computer desktop. I read the name of the files she had open.

"Chara."

"Yes, I'm afraid so. I think she's trying to communicate with (y/n), or maybe posses her. I'm still not sure."

"Why do you need me?"

"Because, Asriel. You know more about your sister than anyone else."

I hadn't been called that in so long, I almost forgot I used to be someone else.

"Alright, what do you need to know?"

Sans' POV:

I sat in bed for a while but decided to get up and go to grillbys. I sat down at the bar in my usual spot. I grabbed a bottle of mustard and started drinking it. Grillby walked up to me and saw that I wasn't lookin quite like myself.

"Hey sans, what'll it be today?"

"Ugh, I don't know. Whatever I guess."

"What's wrong with you? Your usually more aggressive when people approach you."

"I'm not in the mood for small talk grillbs."

"Wow, did someone dull posses you? Or are you just naturally this dead inside?"

"I'm fine Grillby."

"Sans?"

I started to cry again. I used the sleeve's of my jacket to cover my face.

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"Is this about that human that you had in here with you a few days ago? She's pretty damn cute."

"I SAID I DON'T WANNA FREAKIN TALK ABOUT IT!"

I was now enraged. Why wasn't he shutting up? Was I not clear the first time?

"You know, you really should think twice about angering me sans."

"What are ya gonna do about it? Eh grillbs?"

He walked away and mumbled something under his breath.

"I warned you, and she's gonna pay the price."

I was too pissed to care about or even bother to listen to what he said. I got up and went home. It was quiet since Pap's wasn't home yet. I went up to my room and laid down face first into my pillow. I screamed into it out of anger and rolled over on to my side and took a deep breath.

"Screw him!"

I thought he was my friend. But today it looked like he just wanted to make fun of me, he was just waiting for the right moment to piss me off. Or maybe he was being sincere? People down here usually don't share their feelings with each other. Maybe I would go and apologize tomorrow. Or whenever I was done being pissed at him. Probably never, when I hold a grudge I hold a grudge.