Shield

"Ability: Demon Flower!"

Activating your ability, flowers soon form and bloomed, releasing the scent. The men choked, gasping for air. Soon they find themselves bleeding everywhere, sending a shrilling scream as you snapped your fingers.

They are dead.

"Good work, F/N! Such a waste, I couldn't do a double suicide with you, if you weren't an ability user.."

"Shut up you bandage wasting device!" Veins were seen popping out from your head.

"Let's go back~"

You turned your back to leave when you heard something mechanical.

"Dazai! Look out!"

Running towards him, you stood behind him, facing the undead man who fired his gun. The bullet hit your abdomen, sending blood splattering out from the wound. Mustering your strength, you raised your hand, raining numerous petals down at the man, killing him.

"F/N!"

You felt yourself sway as you stumbled, anticipating the impact. What you felt was a strong pair of arms catching you in time.

"You idiot! Do you like eating bullets for people!?" Dazai chided, despite him pressing bandages on the wound and doing first aid procedures. He was indeed worried about you.

"I'll be fine.. Let's go back to the Agency.." You said feebly, slowly losing your consciousness as you hear Dazai's muffled shouts.

~~

"F/N! Why didn't you let Dazai take the bullet instead? I'll be happy to see him lying on the bed like a cripple." The doctor, Yosano Akiko, laughed sadistically as she left the infirmary, leaving you and Dazai alone.

"Akiko is such a mean person."

"Says the one who's the only person that Akiko can't heal. I really regret being your shield, it hurts like hell!"

Dazai closed the gap between you and him, and caressed your face with his slender fingers. You looked deep into his dark brown orbs, as you felt a pair of lips touching yours before he broke the contact.

"Now, now. I know it's painful. As a way of saying thank you, you can attack me all you want." Dazai said proudly, not knowing what expression you were making.

"Dazai! You know I can't attack you when you have that nullification ability of yours!"

A cheeky laugh was heard as you chased him around the Agency.