19

Requested by pinkpastelcalesti!

---------------------------------------------------------

"So I found this cat outside my apartment yesterday and it was super adorable! See, I brought her here!" Atsushi said excitedly as he took the cat out from the cage. It was pure white in colour, in contrast with its azure blue eyes. Purring softly, it then wriggled out of Atsushi's grip and went to Dazai who was slightly alarmed as he wasn't really a cat lover. But after a few nudges made on his hand, he then patted it gently which lightened his heart up as the cat laid down with its tummy faced up.

"Atsushi! Can I take it instead! Please~~!"

"O-Okay... Please take good care of her!"

"Her? Is it a female? Aww it's so cute~ Look at her!"

The tiger could imagine Kunikida's reaction if he knew that Dazai adopted a cat.

~~

"We're home!" Entering his apartment after work, he set the cage down in the living room and hung his coat on the rack before taking a can of cat food from the grocery bag. Taking the cat out, he then brought it near to his face and gently nudged it before heading to the balcony with the food in his grip. As the cat ate, he then went to the kitchen to make a meal for himself, thinking that it would still be eating by the time he finished cooking. But when he returned, the cat was missing. Making sounds of meowing, he then looked around anxiously before finding it under his bed.

"Hide and seek huh, Sunny?" He said the name he made for her as he coaxed to make her come out. But the cat remained there and refused to come out. Soon, a smell emanated and he realised that she had peed. Sighing, he then took the mop and took the cat out with his hands. As if she knew that she had done something wrong, she did not look into his brown orbs. The man then laughed out and caressed her head with his gentle touch, and said. "Don't worry, I'll clean up. I should visit the pet shop tomorrow..." Setting her on his bed, he then laid beside her and smiled at his new pet.

"I'm going to take good care of you, Sunny! Gimme a hug!" Sitting up, she then snuggled into his neck and purred as an answer.