11

This is a Dazai x OC fic so I hope everyone enjoys this!
---------------------------------------------------------

Entering the room, she looked around the place. Walls were stained with blood and numerous bodies were left lying on the ground.

Her plan was completely thwarted.

"What happened here?"

"A man apparently killed his comrades before killing himself to prevent information from leaking out when Dazai-san confronted with them, Taiko-san." One of the men answered her question without hesitation.

Turning her attention to the brown-haired guy, she stared at him with anger, .

"Look, Taiko-kun. They're just pawns to the organization."

Clicking her tongue, she walked towards him and grabbed on his coat, slamming him against the wall.

"They would have been alive if you hadn't interfere, Dazai."

"Really? Prove me wrong."

Taking a dagger out, she slashed his neck, missing his artery intentionally before activating her ability.

"Black Notes."

The depth of the cut was magnified, causing him to bleed even more from the effect. He held his neck to reduce the bleeding as he knelt down, blood trickling along his arm. Activating his ability, he canceled hers; reverting the cut back to its original length.

"The next time you mess up my plans, I'll make sure to cut your arms off and throw you into the sea. I am also one of the executives like you, Dazai. Remember that well." She gave a deadly warning before leaving the scene.

~~

"And that's my past. Whew, I'm thirsty."

"Wow, Taiko really had a turbulent past." Tanizaki said as he imagined the life she went through before she joined the Agency.

"Taiko! You have a job!" Kunikida shouted across the office as she stood up and walked towards him. Taking the file, she took a brief look at it before throwing it at him.

"No way am I going to do that, Kunikida. Why not Atsushi?"

"You have more experience than Atsushi in terms of combat. The director asked you specifically for this job. Impress him."

"Geez. Can I bring someone along?"

"Go ahead. Call me if there's anything."

"Dazai! We've got a case!" Taiko said as she grabbed her coat and dragged him with her.

~~

Looking down on the streets, she observed a group of people in a midst of an arms deal. The duo was currently at the helipad of a building, looking from a bird's eye view.

"Look, Dazai." She said as she pointed at the group of people.

"Ah, there they are." 

Moving to the location, both prepared themselves before appearing and stopping the deal. After the brawl, they secured the men and began to question them.

"Where's the shipment?"

They kept mum and tried to swallow down the poison hidden in their teeth. Realising their actions, she strangled their necks and took the pill out, throwing it to the ground.

"Don't die before I get my answers. Where is that shipment?"

A moment of silence filled the air.

"Not talking? Sorry, but this is going to hurt a lot."

Activating her ability, a small cut on the man became a slash wound, causing him to feel an enormous pain and even more bleeding from his arm. A small puddle of blood was quickly formed.

"You're next if your comrade still doesn't talk." Taiko glanced at the next man who trembled at her words.

"T-The second warehouse at Yokahama Port!"

"Really?"

"Y-Yes!"

"You wouldn't have to suffer so much if you had told me earlier. Dazai." The man sighed as he canceled her ability, causing the man to faint from blood loss.

"Hey Taiko, aren't you going too far? Look at this poor guy..." Dazai complained as the female took her phone out to call the Agency.

"Kunikida, clean up this place. I am sending my coordinates to your phone. We'll be heading to Yokohama Port. Send us some backup. Bye." Ending the call, she then glanced at Dazai.

"Dazai... Stop trying to kill yourself!" She slapped his hand to make him lose grip on the pill. 

"You're still the Taiko back in the old days."

"...I am sorry for that incident. And, thanks for bringing me here." The female said while keeping her gaze on the ground, ignoring the look that he gave. Dazai was the one who brought her to the Agency when she failed to kill the assigned target and got heavily injured instead, losing her position as an executive. Seeing her lying on the streets shocked him completely as he rushed to her side, trying to stop the bleeding from her chest. He thought she would die, but she didn't, fortunately. And then she started working for the Agency, putting her skills into good use.

"Enough of the sentimentality, Taiko. Shall we go?"

"Yeah, let's go."

At last, there was finally a person who lit her road to light.

------------------------------------------------------

Trivia:

Taiko Hirabayashi is a Japanese author born in 1905, famous for her proletarian literature. Her ability, 'Black Notes', is based on a title named 'Kokusatsu', mainly about the yakuza world and culture after receiving help from a gambler during the warring times.