7

Walking past an alley, Dazai finally found her.

"F/N?" Calling out to her, he walked towards her before avoiding an empty beer bottle thrown at him.

"Get lost..." She was obviously drunk.

"Alright, stop drinking. Let's go back. Atsushi's worrying about you." He stretched his hand towards the bottle, but F/N seemed to realise his intention. Moving herself away from him, she hugged the bottle close to her chest, looking at him with displease.

Dazai's patience reached its limit.

Taking the bottle away from her forcefully, he then squatted down and grabbed on her chin before turning to face himself.

"F/N. I'll get angry if you don't go back to the agency with me now." She looked at him before breaking down, not knowing that her face was a terrible mess now.

Dazai regretted what he had just said to her.

"I'm sorry, F/N."

Not wanting to waste anymore time, he knocked her out, carrying her back to the agency.

It hurt him to see her cry.

~~

The next day, F/N woke up with a mild headache as Dazai entered the infirmary with a bowl of miso soup.

"Here, it'll make you feel better."

"Sorry for causing you trouble, Dazai."

He shook his head, guessing the reason why she ended up drinking.

"Please don't tell me that you just went through a break up."

F/N covered his mouth with her hand, looking around for other people before she sighed in relief.

"How did you know, Dazai? I've never told anyone yet."

He grinned, taking her hand.

"You always wore a silver ring ever since you joined the Agency. It's gone when I saw you yesterday."

F/N retracted her hand, rubbing her index finger.

"I saw him making out with another woman in my apartment."

Dazai was about to make a phone call before she stopped him.

"Don't stop me, F/N."

F/N furrowed her brows, shaking her head.

"Letting go is the best option. I want to move on with life."

He kept his phone, taking her hand.

"Dazai?"

"He shouldn't deserve you, F/N."

She smiled, bringing his hand to her face.

"You know, I realised something ever since I joined the agency."

"Hmm? What did you find out, my dear F/N?"

He inched closer to her, enough to feel each other's breath.

"You're always nearby whenever something happened. You pretended to be Santa Claus when I sat in front the fountain waiting for that guy."

Dazai turned away to not let F/N see his face.

"Oh my, don't tell me you forgot about that, Dazai."

"O-Of course I remember! I thought you needed some help..."

"In the end, one of the staff found out and chased you down for impersonating the real Santa Claus!" F/N laughed, wanting to tell the others about it before he pulled her hand.

"Where are you going, F/N?" His smile was enough to tell her that he was going to do something if she doesn't tell him her intention.

"Well... I just want to get changed and go on our mission for the day!"

Dazai brought her to his room just upstairs of where the agency was located. Locking the door with his nimble fingers, he grinned at her. F/N smiled at him as well, stepping backwards until she reached the window.

"W-What about our mission..."

"Hmm, that can wait, F/N."