8

Dragging him into a sweets shop, he then sighed at her childish demeanor.

"Dazai you meanie! I just want to have some desserts before I go home! Today's an anniversary since I came! Congratulate me~!"

"Happy anniversary..."

"Come on, be more sincere! Huh... Forget it." She turned her eyes away from him and looked outside the window as a matcha sundae was served. Taking a spoonful into her mouth, she enjoyed the taste while sighing internally.

Once she finished her sundae, she then took her bag and left the shop as Dazai followed behind her.

"Don't follow me!"

"What's wrong with you, F/N!"

"Idiot Dazai! You don't even care about my anniversary!" She shouted as she turned behind suddenly, surprising the man. As she was about to continue walking, a gunman was seen as a van passed by, aiming at her.

"F/N!"

His warning didn't get to her in time.

Activating her ability, the van was crushed into a metal ball as the gunman jumped out from the van and aimed at her once again. Crushing his wrist, the man then yelped in pain while grabbing his crushed wrist and rolling against the tarmac. Once she made sure danger was cleared, she then wavered and knelt down on the pavement while holding her arm.

"Are you alright, F/N!" Dazai ran towards her and looked at the bleeding site. Wrapping up the wound using one of his bandages, he then glanced at the gunman who laid limp.

"It's just a graze. Call the Agency and clear this mess. There are too many people here. Let's go back..."

~~

"What, you lied to me?"

"Mmm. Sorry, Dazai~"

Walking to her table, he slammed his palm down, causing her to flinch at his sudden action.

"F/N~ Care to explain what's going on?"

"I'll explain."

Looking up, it was the director, Fukuzawa Yukichi. Surprised at his sudden presence, Dazai stood up and gave a small bow.

"F/N managed to identify the common traits among the victims. Females who had just a huge argument with their partners. Pretty weird, isn't it? She set you up in order to catch the criminals."

"Sorry, Dazai." She stood up and bowed deeply after Fukazawa explained everything. He sighed as he grabbed her shoulders and forced her to stand straight again.

"Yesterday's really your anniversary day?"

"Nope. Today's the actual day. That's the lie I told you."

He sighed at her attempt in covering up, but soon turned to a grin as he thought up some ways to celebrate the special day.